Online micro prereq?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kb1619

Reaction score
I graduated and currently studying for the DAT using bootcamp. My school didn't offer a second micro class that is a prereq for UW (my in state dental school) so I need to take it online. My original plan was to do the online class after acceptance and before attending to save money and time if I am not accepted. Would it look better to take that online class now while studying for the DAT???

*I do know that UW accepts this online class as a prereq! My ungrad was on quarters and didn't offer a full semester equivalent. Only a certain online class is accepted, and most students from my university take this class specifically to apply to UW

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A lot of schools don't take online classes or even community college classes let alone a pre req online. I'd call the school and see if they accepted it before registering for the online class.

I wouldn't take any science pre-reqs online or at a community college. Are you talking about microbio? University of Washington says that they only require 1 semester of microbiology, or are you saying your school didn't offer an upper level microbio course

I'd also recommend calling and asking, but I doubt they will accept an online microbio course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about online prerequisites (probably contact all schools you're interested in). But with the exception of a few schools, community college prereqs are fine. I took every single prerequisite at a CC.

A lot of schools don't take online classes or even community college classes let alone a pre req online. I'd call the school and see if they accepted it before registering for the online class.

*I do know that UW accepts this online class as a prereq! My ungrad was on quarters and didn't offer a full semester equivalent. Only a certain online class is accepted, and most students from my university take this class specifically to apply to UW

Reactions: 1 user