Online Prep Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocJames

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't seem to find a post on this, if I have missed it I apologize. I plan on taking Calculus this year for my degree requirements. Due to the fact that I do not have a solid background it Mathematics I was considering taking a course called Math 1011 "Functions" before taking Calc.

It's an online correspondence course that is aimed at re-enforcing the skills and concepts needed as a foundation to calculus. It will be placed on my transcript and also offers full credits. Do you think Med Schools would look down on an online course? In my opinion my GPA would be much higher if I delayed Calc for one semester.

This way I have have some calc prep and be overall more prepared for the winter semester. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Ryan.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My apologizes. My degree requirements

Ah okay. As for your actual question the only real problems you run into with online courses are with prerequisites, because some schools demand that prerequisites not be taken online. No one will care that you took an online Calculus prep course.

Reactions: 1 user
That's what I figured. Thanks for the quick reply!