online statistics

Started by neuro1617
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neuro1617

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have experience w/ online stats? Easy, hard, impossible? Trying to decide whether I should take it in a classroom another semester or online now...
 
Statistics can be considered a prereq for many schools. For example, some schools in Cali require Statistics, and most schools require a year of math (either Calc I and Stats or Calc I and II). If you are taking the course as a prereq for medical school, then I would recommend taking it in a classroom setting, instead of online. Adcoms do not look favorably on online prereq courses.
 
personally, i thought my stat class was so boring that i was regressing (mainly the teacher's fault), so i did most of my studying by myself anyway, and did fine. you certainly don't *need* a classroom to learn the material. however, if you're thinking of what looks good for med school... *shrugs*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Statistics can be considered a prereq for many schools. For example, some schools in Cali require Statistics, and most schools require a year of math (either Calc I and Stats or Calc I and II). If you are taking the course as a prereq for medical school, then I would recommend taking it in a classroom setting, instead of online. Adcoms do not look favorably on online prereq courses.

Ohhh good point. I am taking it as a prereq for med school only. I totally forgot it would be a class that shouldn't be online since it's not bio/physics/chem & I'm so used to having geneds online.