online statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuro1617

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience w/ online stats? Easy, hard, impossible? Trying to decide whether I should take it in a classroom another semester or online now...

Members don't see this ad.

Statistics can be considered a prereq for many schools. For example, some schools in Cali require Statistics, and most schools require a year of math (either Calc I and Stats or Calc I and II). If you are taking the course as a prereq for medical school, then I would recommend taking it in a classroom setting, instead of online. Adcoms do not look favorably on online prereq courses.

personally, i thought my stat class was so boring that i was regressing (mainly the teacher's fault), so i did most of my studying by myself anyway, and did fine. you certainly don't *need* a classroom to learn the material. however, if you're thinking of what looks good for med school... *shrugs*

Members don't see this ad :)
Statistics can be considered a prereq for many schools. For example, some schools in Cali require Statistics, and most schools require a year of math (either Calc I and Stats or Calc I and II). If you are taking the course as a prereq for medical school, then I would recommend taking it in a classroom setting, instead of online. Adcoms do not look favorably on online prereq courses.

Ohhh good point. I am taking it as a prereq for med school only. I totally forgot it would be a class that shouldn't be online since it's not bio/physics/chem & I'm so used to having geneds online.

Its suppose to be very easy. Thats what I heard. TI-83 make it a breeze.