Online undergrad, brick and mortar pre reqs?

Started by Tayb91
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tayb91

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if anyone has had acceptances to any DPT programs going this route?
I work full time and thought that getting a degree in IT or business from a regionally accredited university, like ASU, entirely online while taking pre reqs at a physical CC or 4 year institute would be looked down on with admissions?
Anyone have experience with this? Several users here have said it would not be much of a problem, but those who I spoke with were military which makes much more sense for them, I am in a different situation.
Any input would be appreciated 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else have experience with this?
Currently have a crap gpa of 2.8 and am wanting to finish a bachelors degree strong and get that GPA up above a 3 with any classes I would end up taking plus physical pre reqs. But am just scared of what admissions would think that I went to an online degree with a ****ty Gpa even if I ended up coming out with a 3..3-3.6 gpa. I saw penn state offers quite a selection of online degrees so I'm thinking maybe I will try that.
Others input would be appreciated
 
Hey man,

I don't quite know what kind of answer you are looking for, but I think it's pretty simple. All programs require a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university or college. As far as I know, online degrees are okay. Also, you must complete all of the prerequisites specific to each school. These are where it gets tricky because you have to go to a physical school for the classes that require lab. You have to meet the minimum requirements for the schools of which you are applying, including minimum prerequisite and cumulative gpa. Most schools do not care what degree you receive, as long as you meet the minimum requirements. If you really are concerned with which online degree to get, call a school you are interested in going to and speak with an admissions counselor. I believe they will tell you the same thing I am telling you, it does not matter what degree as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Look on the frequently asked questions at the schools you are thinking of applying to as well. The top question is usually, "what degree do I need?" You really need to do some soul searching if you're being this indecisive about your options. You also need to do your own research because SDN can only answer so many of your hypothetical questions. But like I said in the last thread you posted, it is important that you keep your grades up. Anyways, good luck on your journey!