Only 1 interview so far, should I be concerned?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noodlelover2233

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 26 schools and only received 1 interview invite, LizzyM ~75. My app has already been complete for over a week (Aug. 27th).

After browsing these forums, it seems like the schools I've applied to have already sent out loads of invites. Should I be concerned? I'm worried that I might have a bad rec letter or poorly written secondaries.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Stop stressing. It took some schools over a month to invite me. Just calm down and have some patience. It's still early.

I applied to 26 schools and only received 1 interview invite, LizzyM ~75. My app has already been complete for over a week (Aug. 27th).

After browsing these forums, it seems like the schools I've applied to have already sent out loads of invites. Should I be concerned? I'm worried that I might have a bad rec letter or poorly written secondaries.

Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you honestly think schools should invite you for an interview 1 week after sending in your application while there are thousands of other applications to review? Stop being ridiculous or trolling.

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually it takes four weeks after complete date AT LEAST to receive an II, most often it takes longer. Sometimes the turnaround can be very fast but usually those are special circumstances.

dang, you already have an interview after 1 week of completion? you're more like a rockstar! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm guessing troll.

I hate this place sometimes.

Reactions: 10 users
Just when I think it's not possible for me to be more irrationally neurotic, I hop on SDN and see people panicked after a week...

Reactions: 1 users
Do you have a need for instant gratification? Patience is a virtue in this game.

Thanks.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the replies, I guess it's still a bit early then. My one interview invite was from one of my state schools, which oddly enough invited me the day after my app was complete. From this, I just assumed schools reviewed apps a bit faster.

LOL dudes a troll. 1 week?

Last edited:
Quite a few schools have already sent out interview invites to applicants who had their apps completed later than mine. I was worried that there was a red flag in my app, since I'm guessing many adcoms review apps chronologically as they're complete.

I'm just anxious about the unknowns that could break my app, e.g. did one of my profs write a poor letter, did my secondaries portray a sense of entitlement, was my course load too fluffy. Asking a prof who I didn't know too well and not editing my secondaries thoroughly were two of the biggest risks that I took in applying this cycle.

LOL dudes a troll. 1 week?

did one of my profs write a poor letter, did my secondaries portray a sense of entitlement, was my course load too fluffy. Asking a prof who I didn't know too well and not editing my secondaries thoroughly were two of the biggest risks that I took in applying this cycle.

I guess these are all the reasons why I haven't heard from schools yet and I've been "Complete" since mid-July. Makes me feel better when I see others in my same boat. One week = one ii?! Now I feel really awful. See ya sdn