OOS friendly schools? Specific list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dedicated1989

officially gonna be a doctor!!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, Im trying to finalize my list of schools to apply to. I am a Maryland resident so only have UMB as my in state school. As of now I have 20 MD schools with about 5 schools OOS which are public. my question is are these schools OOS friendly?

They are:
Cooper Medical School (NJ)
Eastern Virginia MS (VA)
University of Toledo (OH)
University of Cincinnati (OH)
Virginia Commonwealth (VA)

If there are any other schools that are friendly to OOS please let me know! I think my stats are suitable for low/mid tier (cGPA: 3.6, sGPA: 3.5, mastersGPA: 3.5 MCAT: 29 (VR:8/PS:9/BS:12)) ranking so Im focusing on those schools. Also any school recommendations in general. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

MSAR is great, so is US News as it allows you to see how many OOS were accepted in addition to how many matriculated.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys. I used MSAR to make my list so far but I wanted to see how individuals faired when applying as OOS to these schools

thanks guys. I used MSAR to make my list so far but I wanted to see how individuals faired when applying as OOS to these schools

I'm not sure what you're looking for. That's exactly what the MSAR tells you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok maybe a better question: what should I use as a percentage cut off?

Also, the stats on MSAR are a great way to start but can often be misleading. For example, there are the % interviewed and % matriculated. Which one should I go off? These stats don't include those who were offered a seat but declined. So Im looking to see what schools members of SDN thought were OOS based on where they received acceptances and what they noticed during interviews, if that makes sense at all.

Thanks!

ok maybe a better question: what should I use as a percentage cut off?

Depend on your stat. If your Lizzy score is 70+, you can be nitpicky and go with >50% OOS, but if you stats are subpar, many schools will be out of your range and you have to start including <50% OOS until you get to an ideal number of schools.

Also, the stats on MSAR are a great way to start but can often be misleading. For example, there are the % interviewed and % matriculated. Which one should I go off? These stats don't include those who were offered a seat but declined. So Im looking to see what schools members of SDN thought were OOS based on where they received acceptances and what they noticed during interviews, if that makes sense at all.

That's why US News' number of accepted is your friend...

Reactions: 2 users