OOS? need advice on choosing schools..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jlyy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am NY resident, and I am applying to BU, TUFTS, NYU, Buffalo, UoP, UCSF so far.

I also want to apply to more STATE schools too, but confused which I should apply to. I don't want to apply to schools that won't take a lot of OOS.

My DAT is TS: 19 AA: 20 PAT: 22
Sci GPA/ Total GPA : 3.48/3.63

I am thinking of USC, South carolina, UMNDJ, UMD so far. Please give me an advice ;(... I want to save money by not applying to schools that I won't have chance to get into...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why not temple?. Deff umdnj..they take plenty of from ny. Pitt is good also. add stony to.ur list.

Members don't see this ad :)
arghh, is USC really that bad for OOS? i called and they said that they specifically don't distinguish in state vs. oos

LOL well they take almost entirely california residents. Apply if you have the money, though!

Dantemac, your XLS file on the % in state basically confirmed that I applied to all the right schools as an international applicant (except Nova and UMich since I've never taken microbio or sociology).

Although I did apply to USC for some reason. I figured since it's not a UC school it would be OOS/international friendly, but I guess not. >.>