open questions to all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After an automobile accident , a patient's chin deviates to the left on opening mouth widely.His mandible is probably fractured at which of the following points?

a. genial tubercle
b.left condyolar neck
c.right condylar neck
d.left mental foramen
e.right mental foramen

post the correct anwer and justify it with right explanation

Members don't see this ad.

plz help me with these..
1.glucose is retained in the cell by what enzyme? hexokinase or glucokinase promote glu to glu-6-P reaction and makes glu trapped in cells

2.What event percedes the calcification of matrix?

3. which is not carcinogenic? nitrosamines or polyhydrocarbons nitrosamines are carcinogenic.

correct if wrong

Thanks a lot Dolgov FL.. I think your answers are correct..

Can you help me with these ..

1. which cofiguration of mandibular 2nd premolar
(y,x,u,h) has the most trapezoidal shape occlusally?

2. what determines the direction of grooves and ridges?

3. In the longitudinal section of a mand. canine where us the pulp cavity thickest?

4. difference b/w coronal and radicular pulp?

5.where is IgG activated? myoepithelial cells or striated duct ?

6.In sickle cell anemia O2 carrying capacity is reduced by what percent?
7.P/O ratio in mitochondria when an uncoupler is added?

8.In protusive movement of mandible direction of movement of head of condyle is?

9. if mand. canine rt. is lost how does it affect the contact on left side?

10. culture with Y or H shaped filament organism would be?

Thanks a lot...

Thanks a lot Dolgov FL.. I think your answers are correct..

Can you help me with these ..

1. which cofiguration of mandibular 2nd premolar
(y,x,u,h) has the most trapezoidal shape occlusally? - May be Y. cuz it means 2 lingual cusps=lingual side is longer and makes the long side of trapezoid longer. H and U variants only 1 lingual cusp. This is how I think. Please correct if wrong. never heard of X variant.

2. what determines the direction of grooves and ridges?

3. In the longitudinal section of a mand. canine where us the pulp cavity thickest? - I think cervical

4. difference b/w coronal and radicular pulp?

5.where is IgG activated? myoepithelial cells or striated duct ? - u r talking about salivary glands, right? I never heard about activation of antibodies, especially in salivary glands, correct me if wrong

6.In sickle cell anemia O2 carrying capacity is reduced by what percent? need options to answer. there are few phenotypes of this disease + usually in normal conditions O2 capacity should be the same as normal, unless RBC's start to sickle(acidosis, high altitude) and change there shape and get sequestrated in spleen.The actual anemia of the illness is caused by hemolysis, the destruction of the red cells inside the spleen, because of their misshape. Although the bone marrow attempts to compensate by creating new red cells, it does not match the rate of destruction.[18] Healthy red blood cells typically live 90-120 days, but sickle cells only survive 10–20 days.[19]
7.P/O ratio in mitochondria when an uncoupler is added?

8.In protusive movement of mandible direction of movement of head of condyle is? - downward and forward

9. if mand. canine rt. is lost how does it affect the contact on left side? If it was canine guidance it should not affect left contacts. This should affect right side in right lateral and may be protrusive movements. This is just a guess. Any ideas?

10. culture with Y or H shaped filament organism would be? - most likely Y- this is the way aspergilius fungi branches, dichotomous. Never heard of H-filamentous organisms

Thanks a lot...

Would like to hear others... Thanks.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot Dolgov FL...can someone else answer the above unanswered questions...I have some more questions ...plz help..thanks.....

I have these options for sickle cell anaemia-.33%,61%,75%,78%O2 carrying capacity?

-P/O ratio in mitochondria when an uncoupler is added? increase or decrease?

-movement of mandible if lateral pterygoid is anesthesized?

-increase susceptibilty to infections and retinal hemmorhage?-hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism,gardner syndrome or hypophosthemia

-pancreatic lipase is activated by?-enterokinase or bile salts

- incidence of cervix cancer is increased in?- menarche or uncircumsized

-in class 2 relation there is increase or decrease in condylar distance?

-when is dna conc. inside a cell is lowest? I phase, G1 to S phase, M pahse

-what sheath is the submandibular or parotid gland continous with?-prevertebral,buccopharyngeal,deep cervical, or neck muscles?

-coenzyme used in reduction is?- biotin, NADH, NADPH, FADH2

-difference b/w coronal and radicular pulp?

Thanks a lot Dolgov FL...can someone else answer the above unanswered questions...I have some more questions ...plz help..thanks.....

I have these options for sickle cell anaemia-.33%,61%,75%,78%O2 carrying capacity? is this 0.33% or 33%?

-P/O ratio in mitochondria when an uncoupler is added? increase or decrease? - uncoupler helps to move H+ back into mitochondria in ETC, it increases ETC in general=use of O2 and phosphorylationg of ADP by ATP synthase. May be it does not change O/P ratio at all? This is just my theory, just made it up. Please, correct if wrong

-movement of mandible if lateral pterygoid is anesthesized? deviation to the side where muscle is anesthesized on protrusion and opening

-increase susceptibilty to infections and retinal hemmorhage?-hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism,gardner syndrome or hypophosthemia Ideally matches diabetes melitus

-pancreatic lipase is activated by?-enterokinase or bile salts Enterokinase activates pancreatic trypsinogen, so I would go for bile - it emulgates lipids anyways...

- incidence of cervix cancer is increased in?- menarche or uncircumsized Thats a funny one, circumsization is for guys only and reduces penile cancer a little bit)) the major cause of cervical cancer is Human Papiloma Virus serotype 16 and 18(just like for penile cancer) + may be hyperestrogenism(early menarche and stuff, just like in breast cancer) But Im not sure about hyperestrogenism.I think this cancer should have estrogen receprors as well

-in class 2 relation there is increase or decrease in condylar distance? in Class II condyles positioned slightly anterior. Don't know what options u have

-when is dna conc. inside a cell is lowest? I phase, G1 to S phase, M pahse - I think G1 which is right after mitosis(M), definitely not S and M. Never heard of I phase

-what sheath is the submandibular or parotid gland continous with?-prevertebral,buccopharyngeal,deep cervical, or neck muscles? Prevertebral - too far. Buccopharyngeal membrane - separates primitive mouth and pharynx, give rise to adult heart, diaphragm. neck muscles - don't think so. I would go for deep cervical out of those choices.

-coenzyme used in reduction is?- biotin, NADH, NADPH, FADH2 - I would go for NADPH - fatty acid synthesis for example, don't remember that NADH or FADH2 are used for reduction, I think they give energy in electron transport chain only... Correct if wrong.

-difference b/w coronal and radicular pulp?

Just trying to help, those are just MY answers, there is no warranty they are correct))lol

Last edited:
Thanks dolgovFL..
-for sickle cell anemia first choice is 33%..is this the answer?

-There is no diabetes mellitus choice is infection question

-Circumsizion is done in females too.. check wikipedia..

-in class 2 relation there is increase or decrease in condylar distance? choices are increase or decrease?

-when is dna conc. inside a cell is lowest?
a)Interphase
b)G1 to S phase
c)M phase

-FADH2 is from riboflavin, is riboflavin not involved in oxidation reduction reactions?

Thanks dolgovFL..
-for sickle cell anemia first choice is 33%..is this the answer?

-There is no diabetes mellitus choice is infection question. IS this ASDA ques?Increased succeptebility to infection can be in Cusging's and in diabetes(due to high glucose in body liquids=mucormycosis and other diabetic specific infections) Retinal degeneration(and bleeding due to damage to retinal vessels) is a classic diabetes sign. If there is no diabetes I will pick Gardner's disease, just because can't fit all this in thyroid diseases...

-Circumsizion is done in females too.. check wikipedia.. - Female genital cutting (FGC), also known as female genital mutilation (FGM), female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C), or female circumcision, is any procedure involving the partial or total removal of the external female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs "whether for cultural, religious or other non-therapeutic reasons." Hmm. thanks for that info. Anyways it's excision of EXTERNAL genitalia for NON-THERAPEUTICAL reasons and can't be answer here.
-in class 2 relation there is increase or decrease in condylar distance? choices are increase or decrease?

-when is dna conc. inside a cell is lowest?
a)Interphase
b)G1 to S phase - ANS
c)M phase

-FADH2 is from riboflavin, is riboflavin not involved in oxidation reduction reactions? FAD is involved in oxydation reduction, but what reactions do u know where FADH2 is used as a reducer? Thats what the question about... I know that it is used as a reducer in ETC only(FADH2 to FAD) Any other?

Thanks for that DNA conc question correction - that's important...

thanks ..plz can someone try answering these questions..

-what is anterior to ethmoidal sinus?

-which glucose is not degraded in muscles?

-lateral border of retromandibular space?

-upper motor neurons cross or not?

-lower motor neuron cross or not?

-In newly forming bone , which cell is most mitotic?
a)osteogenic progenitor cell
b)osteoblast precursors

-multiple organs are affected in
a)herpes
b)rubella

-which detergent acts against hypophilic and non-hypophilic bugs?
a) isopropyl alcohol
b)iodophor
c)benzalkonium chloride

-which structure stores sperm?
a)testis
b)vas deferens
c)seminiferous tubules

-In highly acidic environment GC content of DNA ?
a)highest
b)intermediate
c)low

-which is the longest and most variable phase of cell cycle?
a)G1
b)interphase

-what is anterior to ethmoidal sinus?

-upper motor neurons cross or not?

-lower motor neuron cross or not?

a)osteogenic progenitor cell.......not sure
b)osteoblast precursors

a)herpes
b)rubella

a) isopropyl alcohol---ANSWER
b)iodophor
c)benzalkonium chloride

-which structure stores sperm?
a)testis
b)vas deferens-ANS
c)seminiferous tubules

-In highly acidic environment GC content of DNA ?
a)highest...........ANSWER
b)intermediate
c)low

a)G1..............not sure
b)interphase

pls correct if wrong !!!

-what is anterior to ethmoidal sinus? ethmoid bone gives rise to superior and middle nasal conchae. anterior to the sinus should be superior one. Not sure

-upper motor neurons cross or not? they do, don't remember where but in spinal cord their axons in contralateral side already

-lower motor neuron cross or not? don't cross. they are in ventral horns of spinal cord and motor nuclei of cranial nerves. lesions on one side=paralysis on the same side+minor exceptions in cranial nerves lower motor lesions

a)osteogenic progenitor cell -ans
b)osteoblast precursors

a)herpes ANS because:mucous membranes, skin, reside in neurons, sometimes cause meningitis=nervous system + integumental. Correct if wrong.
b)rubella - skin and mucous membranes only

a) isopropyl alcohol
b)iodophor
c)benzalkonium chloride

-which structure stores sperm? - should be epididymis, others don't match
a)testis
b)vas deferens - transport to ejaculatory duct
c)seminiferous tubules - meisosis and formation of sperm

-In highly acidic environment GC content of DNA ? pH should not affect purine/pirimidine DNA content. otherwise we will get cancer every time we get hypoxic. lol
a)highest
b)intermediate
c)low

a)G1 - ans, longest, most variable and lowest DNA concentration at the same time
b)interphase

Correct if wrong, please.

Members don't see this ad :)
pls can someone explain...how does protein filtration affect GFR?
how are these two terms different...protein filtration and oncotic pressure of plasma?
thank you!

After an automobile accident , a patient's chin deviates to the left on opening mouth widely.His mandible is probably fractured at which of the following points?

a. genial tubercle
b.left condyolar neck
c.right condylar neck
d.left mental foramen
e.right mental foramen

post the correct anwer and justify it with right explanation
ans ..b
as mandible will move to side of injury

hi can anybody answer this question please?:confused:

which cell is the most likely to be engaged in mitosis

a osteocyte
b macrophage
c plasma cell
d chondocyte
e basal epithelial cell

another questions plz:confused:

touch receptors are MOST numerous per unit area in the mucosa of which ot the following

a uvula
b hard palate
c attached gingiva
d tip of the tongue
e buccal /labial vestibule

sharpeys fibers from periodental ligament insert into which of the following
a bundle bone and cementum
b corical plate and cementum
c haversian bone and cementum

Last edited:
another questions plz:confused:

touch receptors are MOST numerous per unit area in the mucosa of which ot the following

a uvula(ans)...not sure
b hard palate
c attached gingiva
d tip of the tongue
e buccal /labial vestibule

sharpeys fibers from periodental ligament insert into which of the following
a bundle bone and cementum (ans)
b corical plate and cementum
c haversian bone and cementum

not sure of the first one

hi i have these questions and need your help please
1 .which of the following molar roots is wide faciolingually and concave on bothe mesial and distal surface
a dstofacial of max.1st
b lingual of mand. 1st
c mesial of mand.1st
d distal of mand first

2.the ******ed growth of a portion of a single tooth germ, or the proliferation of segment of the odontogenic epithelium into the dental papilla,results in
a. fusion
b. bifurcations
c. dilacerations
d. concrescence
e. dense in dent

3. prior to attrition , the cusp tip or the canines is normally located over the root canter, in the mesiodistal of the crown of which of the following ?
a mandibular
b maxillary
c both permanent
d. neither permanent

4 tooth has one or no pulp horn

a max. incisors
b mand. incisors (i think this is the answer bec they have no ma
c mand.premolars

5 buccal surface of the mand. first premolar
a hexagonal
b pentagonal
c rhomboidal
d diamond shaped

6. what approximate percentage of the total buccolingual dimension of a posterior tooth does occlusal table represent??

a 30-40%
b 40-50
c 50-60
d60-70
e 100?

7 which of the following represent the medial rotator at a gleno-humeral joint?
a teres major
b teres minor
c infraspinatus
d supraspinatus
e long head of the triceps brachii

Last edited:
can anybody explain how is pulmonary edema caused by left heart failure ??

( although i know that pulmonary hypertension can lead to right heart failure)

1 .which of the following molar roots is wide faciolingually and concave on bothe mesial and distal surface
a dstofacial of max.1st
b lingual of mand. 1st
c mesial of mand.1st
d distal of mand first

2.the ******ed growth of a portion of a single tooth germ, or the proliferation of segment of the odontogenic epithelium into the dental papilla,results in
a. fusion
b. bifurcations
c. dilacerations
d. concrescence
e. dense in dent

3. prior to attrition , the cusp tip or the canines is normally located over the root canter, in the mesiodistal of the crown of which of the following ?
a mandibular
b maxillary
c both permanent
d. neither permanent

4 tooth has one or no pulp horn

a max. incisors
b mand. incisors (i think this is the answer bec they have no ma
c mand.premolars

5 buccal surface of the mand. first premolar
a hexagonal
b pentagonal
c rhomboidal
d diamond shaped

6. what approximate percentage of the total buccolingual dimension of a posterior tooth does occlusal table represent??

a 30-40%
b 40-50
c 50-60
d60-70
e 100?

7 which of the following represent the medial rotator at a gleno-humeral joint?
a teres major
b teres minor
c infraspinatus
d supraspinatus
e long head of the triceps brachii[/QUOTE]

Please correct if wrong...!!

Last edited:
Left heart failure leads to improper contraction of the heart which initially causes the dilation of the left ventricle along with it hypertrophy..and then due to back up of blood in the left ventricle there is no proper flow of blood frm the lungs to the rt ventricle causing therefor pulmonary hypertension and edema which can again lead to right heart failure too...I hope this makes some sense..

I think protein filtration basically dec the GFR because protein is not supposed to be filtered thru the glomerulus..and so it decreases the blood pressure and so therefore the hydrostatic pressure is decreases which directly decreases the GFR..anyway that was my line of thought..Plz do comment on it if i am wrong some where

Apart from that protein filtration and oncotic pressure are different in the sense that the amount of protein in the blood/plasma determines the oncotic pressure of it..and protein filtration is not a normal process and it usually occurs in cases like diabetes mellitius or hypertension where the kidney is damaged and its allowing protein to get thru it which is bad and is called as microalbuminuria which decreases the B.P

Hi,

can anyone answer these Qs with explanations:

1) A week old baby has sIgA antibodies already. where does the B cell first get exposed to the antigen?
a) In spleen of baby
b) In spleen of mom
c) in intestine of baby
d) in intestine of mom
e) in breast of mom

2) which immune structure is most isolated from blood?
a) thymus
b) spleen
c) lymphnode
d) palatine tonsil

3) If mom is taking tetracycline during the 2nd trimester, which teeth are effected?
a) primary teeth only
b) primary and mandibular central permanent
Not sure of other options

4) Does the primary maxillary 1st molar has lingual groove?
a) yes
b) no

5) All of the following are puposes of hyaluronidase except
a) avoid immune system
b) to cause disease in host
c) for nutrition
d) to disseminate

6) What do you see before atherosclerotic block in head?
a) Myocardial infarct

7) All of the following predisposes to pulmonary thrombosis except
a) just had surgery
b) bound to wheel chair
c) cirrhosis
d) use of birth control pills
e) COPD

8) What happens when you use a broad spectrum antibiotic?
Dont know the options. Is it fungal overgrowth.

9) In radio therapy which salivary gland is most effected?
a) parotid
b) submandibular
c) sublingual

10) In xerostomia which salivary gland is most effected?
a) parotid
b) submandibular
c) sublingual

11) Which one indicates the severity of injury?
a) age
b) healing time
c) size of injury

12) The collagen fibres in dentin are produced by
a) odontoblasts
b) fibroblasts
c) odontoblasts & fibroblasts
d) odontoblasts & cementoblasts

Thanks

Hi,

can anyone answer these Qs with explanations:

1) A week old baby has sIgA antibodies already. where does the B cell first get exposed to the antigen?
a) In spleen of baby
b) In spleen of mom
c) in intestine of baby(produced by plasma cells in the lamina propria of intestine)
d) in intestine of mom
e) in breast of mom

a) thymus
b) spleen
c) lymphnode
d) palatine tonsil

3) If mom is taking tetracycline during the 2nd trimester, which teeth are effected?
a) primary teeth only
b) primary and mandibular central permanent

4) Does the primary maxillary 1st molar has lingual groove?
a) yes
b) no

5) All of the following are puposes of hyaluronidase except
a) avoid immune system
b) to cause disease in host
c) for nutrition
d) to disseminate

6) What do you see before atherosclerotic block in head?
a) Myocardial infarct

7) All of the following predisposes to pulmonary thrombosis except
a) just had surgery
b) bound to wheel chair
c) cirrhosis
d) use of birth control pills
e) COPD

8) What happens when you use a broad spectrum antibiotic?
Dont know the options. Is it fungal overgrowth.
Interferes with indiginous biota , also lead to fungal grwoth too.

a) parotid
b) submandibular
c) sublingual

a) parotid
b) submandibular
c) sublingual

a) age
b) healing time
c) size of injury

12) The collagen fibres in dentin are produced by
a) odontoblasts(the formative cells)
b) fibroblasts
c) odontoblasts & fibroblasts
d) odontoblasts & cementoblasts

Thanks
please correct the wrong ones..!!

Last edited:
iron porphyrin protein structures are component of?
- myoglobin
- hemoglobin
- b vitamin
- cytochrome
- pyridine dinucleotide

give ans with explanation

hi can anybody answer this question please?:confused:

which cell is the most likely to be engaged in mitosis

a osteocyte
b macrophage
c plasma cell
d chondocyte
e basal epithelial cell

basal epithelial cells,skin cell turn around is highest

i think protein filtration basically dec the gfr because protein is not supposed to be filtered thru the glomerulus..and so it decreases the blood pressure and so therefore the hydrostatic pressure is decreases which directly decreases the gfr..anyway that was my line of thought..plz do comment on it if i am wrong some where

apart from that protein filtration and oncotic pressure are different in the sense that the amount of protein in the blood/plasma determines the oncotic pressure of it..and protein filtration is not a normal process and it usually occurs in cases like diabetes mellitius or hypertension where the kidney is damaged and its allowing protein to get thru it which is bad and is called as microalbuminuria which decreases the b.p

i replied to it but i guess nobody gave their opinion

I think proteins get filtered in pathological conditions like microalbuminuria which occurs in diabetes and hypertension when there is damage to the lining of the glomerulus

I think proteins get filtered in pathological conditions like microalbuminuria which occurs in diabetes and hypertension when there is damage to the lining of the glomerulus

I think they get filtered but they get fully reabsorbed,no?:confused:

hey guys it may be helpfull 2 u 2,give me some info about:
1 incisal guidance
2 canine guidance
3mutually prtected occlusion
4 unilateral and biolateral occlusion
and how it can affect workin ,nonworkin sides.
and which interferences cusps are used?
Where can i find some info about occlusion online,HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
I'm week in occlusion.:scared:

Am I invisible to u guys or u just dont wanna answer me??:rolleyes:I just asked about occlusion not interested?ok,just so u know board is interested in it now keep changin the subject:confused:

please correct the wrong ones..!!

Hi HOPE2DDS,

Thanks for the answers

a) age
b) healing time
c) size of injury

Can u explain why did u choose the answers for the following Qs below:

a) thymus
b) spleen
c) lymphnode
d) palatine tonsil

a) parotid
b) submandibular
c) sublingual

a) parotid
b) submandibular
c) sublingual

Thanks

I think first one should be size of injury,because healing time can be different from person to person .(different people,different immune system strength)

Hi HOPE2DDS,

Thanks for the answers

a) age
b) healing time
c) size of injury

Can u explain why did u choose the answers for the following Qs below:

a) thymus
b) spleen- rich blood supply, has centrl arteries
c) lymphnode- arteries enter the lymph node at hilus, rich blood supply
d) palatine tonsil- blood vessels enter along entire connective tissue surface, so have rich blood supply

a) parotid-- largest and area specific
b) submandibular
c) sublingual

a) parotid
b) submandibular-- in maximum cases its duct is blocked and also contributes maximum to saliva.
c) sublingual

Thanks
Thymus- the blood vessels run along the connective tissue septae of lobules, arterioles and capillaries to the medullary areas and capillaries only to cortical areas.
Hope i make sense and this helps. :)