opening independent pharmacy in California

Started by eddie269
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eddie269

Still in shock...
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to see if anyone had experience opening an independent pharmacy in California recently. I wanted to see what the application process looked like.

I found the site application here

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/phy_app_pkt.pdf

It says give it around 60 days to hear back for approval. I assume an actual inspector has to come out to the site and physically approve the site. Does anyone know how long that usually takes? I had someone tell me there is a 6 month waiting period to get an inspector to come out?!

Anyone with insight or experience, I'd greatly appreciate it.
 
TTT in case anyone has updates.

Call the board and ask them about the estimated timeline.

You should also look into hiring an attorney who specializes in pharmacy. Another option may be a consulting firm that work with prospective pharmacy owners.

Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Eddie269,
Hope all is well. My husband has been in the pharmacy field for many years. His main focus is IV Infusion. He also has his own business where he helps pharmacies start up an IV department. If you would like to contact him you may at [email protected].
Good luck with your new venture.