Openings due to cancellations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robbieflick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow MCATers,

I was planning on taking the test this summer, but was just offered a year long opportunity in global health that will occupy me during my gap year. Unfortunately, this means I need to take the test much sooner than anticipated. I've been studying hard and feel ready for it, however (of course) there are no openings nearby for the May 26th date.

Has anyone heard of seats opening as people cancel from feeling unprepared?

From doing some very basic searching through the scheduling website, it appears that the 5/20 - 5/21 dates have sporadic openings and the dates immediately thereafter are completely booked. Does this reflect people cancelling for 5/20 - 5/21, or rather that these are particularly unpopular testing dates?

Thanks,

Robbie

Members don't see this ad.

In very rare occasions, a few days before the test people might decide that they're not quite ready and reschedule. Keep your eyes open every few days before a test period and you might be able to snag a spot, but honestly it's much safer to just pre-register and know that you'll have a seat.

Just wondering.. How far in advance is normally considered "safe" to register?

I am starting my MCAT prep the day after my last final (June, 8th) and am unsure of the amount of time I am going to need to study.

I obviously want to get the test scheduled as soon as soon as possible without it becoming full, but am also afraid of scheduling too early and having to pay the fee to reschedule.

Got it - by constantly checking the site, found an opening for June 16, 15 minutes away. Was on the verge of driving a few hundred miles otherwise =).

Thanks for the advice guys.