• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

ophtho research vs. non ophtho research

eyeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
The Wards
    I have a question. Does it matter if the research you do during your MS1/2 summer has nothing to do with ophtho? I'd imagine it would make a difference at very research oriented programs. I'm trying to choose between an ophtho project and a community health project (which I'm also very interested in). Will i regret it come ophtho match time if I dont take on this (very good) ophtho research opportunity?

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Moderator Emeritus
    Lifetime Donor
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 1, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    www.facebook.com
    1. Attending Physician
      A small amount of time in research doesn't help that much. What I look for are publications and depth of knowledge in the research during the interview.

Any research is better than none.
      Eye research is better than any research.
      Find something you like to do because you do not want to be caught just going through the motions.

Good luck!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.