Opinion: Best month to take MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lonelion87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Gang...I did a search on this topic and I couldn't find any concise answers, so heck, I'll start a thread.

I'll be starting the application process for medical school next summer. I will also be studying abroad in this fall, killing any opportunity for the oh-so-fun MCAT studies. I'm sure I am probably not the only junior out there who opted to take off in the fall, so my question is:

Assuming I can start studying in January, could you suggest a good month to take the MCAT? Ideally, I would like to know my scores around application time so I can make 'educated guesses' as to where I will have a decent chance (and so I can forget about the MCAT and worry about applications!).

Any thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

well applications are done in june/july typically, and you need to get recs/personal statement/etc in order, so i'd say april/may would be good

April/May sounds about right...I could probably knock off a lot of studying during spring break.

The turn around for score reporting on the CBT MCATs is something like 4-5 weeks, correct?