Opinion: Mediocre GRE scores going to be huge problem?

Started by indebted
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

indebted

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My GRE revised scores were released today. They are on that new point scale so I don't know what to make of my actual scores, but my percentile scores were:
Verbal: 69%
Quant: 65%
Writing: 72%

My SAT percentiles from 2005 were:
Reading: 68%
Math: 52%
Writing: 72%

With the exception of math, my scores were consistent so I don't see the point in retaking. I hoped I could at least break 75%. If I had not already asked my references for letters, I would not send in my applications. I studied hard for the GRE and this proves to me that I will not be able to handle the MCAT, and I'm sure the schools will believe so too.

However, I still want to work in healthcare and I am open to the idea of PA or NP school, and they seem more realistic for my abilities. These post-bacc programs would give me the pre-reqs and the clinical hour opportunities to get into these programs. So what do you think? Should I still send in my applications (which are nearly finished)? Or should I save myself the application fees and not bother?

If I do send them in, should I discuss my willingness to consider other positions besides physician?