Opinion on my chances 3.75c, 3.6s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAVYtm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to see what you think my chances are:

Major: Biomedical Engineering
Minors: Mathematics, Military Science

Cumulative GPA: 3.751
Math/Sciences GPA: 3.67

EC: US Army ROTC, National engineering Hispanic award for ROTC, president of a fraternity, member of an athletic team, color guard, volunteering at habitat for humanity, raising >$5,000 through a charity.

I haven't done much volunteering because ROTC is so time consuming. I haven't really received much feedback on how this affects my chances of getting in. Haven't taken the MCATs yet but I feel like I'll do at least a little above average on them.

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to mention I'm a resident of NY and I have 4-5 strong choices for LORs.

Looking to see what you think my chances are:

Major: Biomedical Engineering
Minors: Mathematics, Military Science

Cumulative GPA: 3.751
Math/Sciences GPA: 3.67

EC: US Army ROTC, National engineering Hispanic award for ROTC, president of a fraternity, member of an athletic team, color guard, volunteering at habitat for humanity, raising >$5,000 through a charity.

I haven't done much volunteering because ROTC is so time consuming. I haven't really received much feedback on how this affects my chances of getting in. Haven't taken the MCATs yet but I feel like I'll do at least a little above average on them.
Your GPAs are fine, but without the MCAT score we can't tell you your chances. You do need active clinical experience and some physician shadowing before you'll be competitive.