Opinions: Fluke or Real?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

HCHopeful

Hey everybody, just took my third practice MCAT, and here are the breakdowns:

(In order of them being taken)
Kaplan FL #2: 29 (12/9/8)
AAMC #7: 28 (10/10/8)
AAMC #4: 34 (13/12/9)

The first thing I'd like to point out is that I was 2 questions away from a 30 on AAMC #7 (1 in PS brings it to an 11, and 1 in BS brings it to a 9). Looking back, I found some very "stupid" mistakes which I noticed could be corrected easily. Along with that, I actually used up all the time I had to go back through and look at my answers (I have a bad habit of leaving 15+ minutes unused).

I am scheduled for January 23rd, but want to reschedule for November 7th. Only problem is, November 7th is full in my state, but October 21st is open. Which leads me to my question: Is it premature to reschedule for 20 days away given one score above 30?

I am under the gun a bit here, seeing as how the last day to reschedule for October 21st is October 6th.

I used TBR for prep and averaged near an 11 in the PS practice passages, which is probably more in line with a 12 rather than a 13. I also have never scored above a 33/40 on practice verbal passages, so I think the 12 is a little skewed, but I do think I can repeat it. As far as BS go, I haven't taken Organic or tried to learn it, which is why it is drastically lower.

So, should I reschedule to October 21st or stay with January 23rd? By the way, I have a 3.89 cGPA and 3.95 sGPA, so I'm not worried about scoring a 34+ on the MCAT, but I am aiming for around a 30.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator: