Opinions on 1 school for now

Started by cavalier329
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

C

cavalier329

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So basically my plan is this: I will just be applying to USUHS early next cycle (Summer 2009). If I don't get in, I will complete my senior year and apply broadly, but to USUHS again because this is where I want to go. Basically I want to know my chances of getting into USUHS.

Here are my stats:

White male, top 30 university, history major, chem minor

cGPA: 3.57 (some serious upward trend)
sGPA: 3.4
MCAT: havent taken but i expect 30R very even...hopefully but lets just use this for now since this is what my practices say and I still have another year.

No prior military experience, however my father is a retired USMC colonel and brother is at the Naval Academy. Mother did not attend college. Both parents are immigrants.

EC's...this is kindve where I shine.

-EMS experience since 2002, EMT since 2006
-3 paid, part time EMT jobs-still employed
-Volunteer EMS agency since 2002
Resulting EMS awards: county award for actions resulting in the delivery of a baby girl, agency award for commendable service, fundraising committee member (would have raised $5,000 for our new building), youth squad co-adviser, will have approximately 3,000 hours of riding hours and over 500 calls

Other clinical experience: 1 year of radiology research, 2 years IR shadowing, 2 years shadowing cardiothoracic surgery, 2 years shadowing chief surgeon of the NYPD (chief of the medical division)

I founded an public health and safety organization-working for it to become the university's first rescue squad

Other EC's: Crisis Hotline volunteer, New Student liason volunteer (I visit HS's and answer questions in the admissions office), Intern for honor and ethics course x 2 years

LOR's-2 science, 2 history, 1 philosophy, 2 doctors (1 is the chair of the angio dept. and 1 is the chief surgeon of the NYPD) all will be outstanding

if there is anything else you need, let me know
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok, how about....what schools am i in the range for as of now with that GPA.

I am a NY resident