Opinions on NY Methodist, UConn, OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boo2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for all the great posts. Its rank time and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to put in their two cents on a couple of programs. I am very curious about New York Methodist and Univ of Connecticut, but also Ohio State in terms of program strength, resident happiness, and any percieved deficiencies. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Bump and, of course, +pad+ .

In particular, I'm interested in hearing about OSU. Anyone rotate there?

boo2 said:
Hi! Thanks for all the great posts. Its rank time and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to put in their two cents on a couple of programs. I am very curious about New York Methodist and Univ of Connecticut, but also Ohio State in terms of program strength, resident happiness, and any percieved deficiencies. Thanks!

Methodist is a decent program. I interviewed there and thought the PD and Chair are both laid back people. They are also trying to get their simulation stuff off the ground: it's in its very early stages so that's good if you want to be involved but bad if you're looking for a simulation integrated curriculum. It's facilities are above average but it is not a new ED. There's construction going on but we probably won't see any of that to fruition. The hospital is nice in general; a nice community hospital with Presbyterian affiliations. The residents are all pretty chill; they have reasons to be, since they are in a non-level-1 trauma center in Park Slope, brooklyn. They rotate through Brookdale for trauma, and that's a nice-and-gun club type of ER. I would say overall the program is very good. It is certainly more community oriented so it's even better if you are looking for that. It is not a academic heavy program churning out researchers, nor is it a trauma-oriented County facility. Having said that, you don't need to be those two things to be a good program. It just depends on wha tyou are looking for. I think bottom line strength: it's chill, people are happy, and you'll get "good enough" training. Weakness: it's not "top-notch", whatever that means.

I don't know anything about UCONN or Ohio.