Opinions on some FL schools?

Started by rivryan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rivryan

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Would love some personal insight from incoming, applying, or even graduating DPT students from various FL schools. I have gotten into NOVA for the summer 2014 class and am waiting to hear back from 5 other schools (UF, UCF, ARMSTRONG, FIU, FGCU).

Just having a hard time deciding whether to go to NOVA or any other option from my choices if I were to get in. First instinct is UF over nova, but what do you guys really know about the other schools that I can't read from their websites? I know nova is private a more expensive than the others, but would it be worth it to go to another public school than nova? Don't really hear much from FIU, FGCU, ARMSTRONG (GA), and UCF.

Just need some feedback or opinions, thanks!
 
I know UF is very research based, fgcu has a lot of online learning from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), can't say much about other schools though. Have you placed your deposit yet for nova?
 
I know UF is very research based, fgcu has a lot of online learning from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), can't say much about other schools though. Have you placed your deposit yet for nova?

Literally just placed the deposit, sigh. I am almost certain I will be attending NOVA if I don't get into UF. Would love to get out of Gainesville, but I'm already settled here with housing, friends, etc (undergrad @ UF) + It's the cheapest DPT school in FL and a very good program.

Was just wondering if anyone had any information on other FL schools as I haven't really heard much. Thanks for the reply
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad