Opinions on WX for this semester??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElizaThornberry

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just going to get right into it: I know that vet schools now are willing to accept P/NP for the spring 2020 semester, and that is good....however, I am in a 4 credit course and just totaled up my points based on the professor's updated grading scale and I am 98% sure I am going to fail. I was hoping it would end up as a C so I could put it as P/NP so as to not affect my GPA (which is 3.24 right now). I have already had multiple withdraws on my transcript so I am super concerned about that but my GPA also isn't the best. What would look better?? (I am assuming a WX as opposed to an F). The class is comparative vertebrate anatomy...(not a vet prereq) and is 4 credits that I NEED to get my Bachelor's because the class counts as senior hours. (I need 20 senior hours/credits taken at the college for the degree). If this course is a WX I will need 8 more senior hours and I will have to find something in the summer to make up for it because I really don't want to go into the fall. I know that if this class was still in person I could realistically have gotten a B. The course isn't that difficult but it is difficult online. Labs were hands-on and very helpful for reiterating lecture material but that also had to be augmented to online...which makes no sense because I can't compare vertebrates via the internet! Also, the professor is tough/ not forgiving so that doesn't help. I have taken online courses that were better suited for online learning ( e.g. Med. Terminology and Geography). In addition to that, my husband is simultaneously getting his degree and his mental health status has worsened due to this whole pandemic. He was doing research, working in the college stock room, and is getting a chemistry M.S. in the fall. He is depressed because he is understimulated-this is all tied to his ADHD. My point is that he is not keeping up with his courses because he feels it's pointless and I have been helping him with that but it is hard to stay positive when I am isolating and with someone who is depressed. I feel like it's also relevant to mention that I am a non-traditional student: I have been in college since fall 2013 (transferred from community college and another university I went to for 2 semesters) and have only been full time for 2 semesters since 2013. I feel like veterinary admissions people will probably look down on that, especially if I drop another course this semester to leave me with only 8 credits. Any advice as to what I should do in this predicament???

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.