Opinions Wanted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.Cut.em.up

Do not seek the treasure!
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I am a new member and this is my first post, pretty exciting!
I have taken 4 FLs through kaplan. I was wondering if I am on track to break 510 I your opinion. I am a little concerned but looking to get some other perspectives. I understand Kaplan in a little deflated but I don't know if that applies to present day since the scale changed a while back

FL 1 500 125/124/126/125
FL 2 504 125/128/126/125
FL 3 507 124/128/127/128
FL 4 506 125/127/127/127

Thanks for your input!
 
Well, Although Kaplan score are indeed deflated, they do a very BAD JOB at asking reasoning question (which only represent 10-35% of the exam, but don;t quote me on this). So, the scores tell me that have a strong grasp of the content, which is great indeed. And def within reach of a 510, but make sure you start transitioning to AAMC as soon as possible.
 
Take an AAMC scored to get a better idea. I took my first AAMC about 5 weeks before the test day I think. You're probably fine for a 510. I averaged about 510 or so on Kaplan's tests and got a 522 on the real one. I think what helped me was that the real MCAT is more critical thinking and analyzing data whereas Kaplan tests are more basic recall.