opt school equipment costs

Started by luckyfool
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

luckyfool

SUNY Opt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi, can someone provide a rough idea on how much money I should set aside for buying equipments(such as lens, ophthalmoscope,etc) for all 4 years? thanks!
 
hi, can someone provide a rough idea on how much money I should set aside for buying equipments(such as lens, ophthalmoscope,etc) for all 4 years? thanks!


I paid around $3,000 for the lion's share of the equipment:

Heine diagnostic kit
Heine BIO
Trial Lens Kit
Pioneer "1st year" kit (Randot, Colorblind tests, near cards, occluder, pinhole occluder, Flippers, some other stuff that doesn't come to mind...)
Heine "Family Practice" sphygomanometer
Heine Stethescope.

I've still got to get some stuff like the lenses used with BIO, etc. Probably be $3,500-$4,000 when all is said and done...


Again, depends on what equipment you get...