Optho chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pedssresidency1

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all-

what are my chances of getting into an ophtho residency (current 3rd year at U.S. allopathic).
Step 1= 244
A couple preclinical honors
Will probably have a pub in urology because i got a project before I knew what I wanted to do.

How competitive if I really want ophtho is it?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm very surprised the "Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons" forum doesn't have a WAMC (What are my chances?) thread for medical students who are interested in assessing their chances to match.
 
Where did you get that number? Is there a website which calculates your chances? It just seems arbitrary.
yoursign.jpg