Optional Secondary Essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csv321

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my first secondary! Yippee! From Jefferson Medical...I think they send one out to everyone but it still makes me feel good...

There is a spot where I guess you can include an essay. I don't think it specifies to write about anything in particular. Just 2000 words/characters? max....

Is it bad to leave it blank? If so, what do they expect me to write?

Please help....please?

Members don't see this ad.

id recommend you write that essay, becaues it will prove useful for other secondaries that ask the same thing...

Members don't see this ad :)
Muchas gracias!

Take that chance to write that optional essay. I would write about something that will make you stand out. Write an experience that will be different but helps show your ability or decision to perform medicine.

Best of luck.

SLU's application says:

If you have not already written this on the AMCAS application, please describe briefly the reasons why you want to enter medical school. You may also make any other statement you wish to the Admissions Committee. Please do not send videotapes, cassettes, or other bulky materials.

I think that I described the reasons why I want to go into medical school in AMCAS. Should I write something anyways? I'm not sure I have much to say that wouldn't be redundant. :oops: