Options for reserve service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nontrad_FL_LGBT

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any knowledge of reserve options or how to find reserve recruiters? The ANG and AFR sites just have generic links to the local enlisted recruiter. I'd like to either get my school paid for or get LRP of some form, living expenses stipend is less important as I have a working spouse. I've looked into AD but it doesn't seem as compatible with my goals and current family situation.

I am most interested in Air Guard/Reserve options: I want to be a reserve flight surgeon and not sure that other services offer that role in a reserve capacity but please tell me if I'm wrong. The only AD option I'm currently considering is USPHS so I'd love perspectives on that as well.
 
For the reserve go here Air Force Reserve Fill out the form, enter in the comments who you are, presuming medical student? They should get in contact with you and direct you to a Health Care recruiter in your area. They literally got in contact with me same day, and I was on the horn with recruiter an hour later. May not happen that way all the time, thanks to COVID they are swamped with healthcare applicants and each recruiter can cover multiple states (and even countries).