OPTOMCAS GPA Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rav123_123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am looking to apply to optometry schools this upcoming cycle. I have never applied yet so I was just wondering being from Canada, when I enter my coursework and transcript material. Would I send in my official transcript to OPTOMCAS at the same time. Or do I send my transcript when i submit my application at the end?
Also for those Canadians who applied to the US...how did your GPA look??

If someone could help me out on this
that would be great
Rav

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I applied last cycle and will be attending OD school come August. I totally understand your position! Optomcas can be overwhelming at first, but it's really nice that they separate it into different sections and give you the progress for each one of them as you move along. There is a section in Optomcas that allows you to entire all your coursework (class title, grades, how many credits is it worth). I suggest you have a copy of your transcript on hand when you fill that section out. You send your official transcript to the optomcas processing center. The address will be provided for you in optomcas. :) Send your transcript in as early as possible because it does take a few weeks for them to process it. My two key tips for optomcas are : 1) get everything done early and as complete as possible (Sending in a incomplete optomcas with parts missing i.e. transcripts or OAT scores will set you behind the most.) 2) call them once in a while to see if your things are getting processed.

Okay great thanks for your help! So should I submit my transcripts before I submit my application as in right when the application cycle opens?Also I am planning on submitting my application early July... while taking my OAT in middle of August. So that by the time my application has been verified the schools will atleast receive my unofficial scores.

Okay great thanks for your help! So should I submit my transcripts before I submit my application as in right when the application cycle opens?Also I am planning on submitting my application early July... while taking my OAT in middle of August. So that by the time my application has been verified the schools will atleast receive my unofficial scores.
Yes, you do submit in your transcripts before you submit the application. It's a lot more time efficient this way, as it takes a while for them to verify your transcripts.