Optometry is a hidden gem of a career!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yea. No doubt. I'll make up a list for you and put Optometry in the # 1 spot if it will make you feel all warm and cozy.:naughty:

Members don't see this ad :)
I love what they comment on for orthodontist....

"One disadvantage is the amount of school required to become one: dental school followed by orthodontics school plus a residency"...like having too much training is somehow bad..."can't have too much of that learnin'"

I like: 9. Arts Administrator

A great top 10 career for the tens of thousands of suckers that go to private colleges to party and get a useless $80,000 art degree only to find out they are completely unmarketable in the job force.

At least a physical ed degree might land you a $20,000 job in some elementary school playing kick ball with the kiddies.

What the heck is an "Arts Administrator" anyway? :lol:

I'd love to know what "orthodontics school" is. Just goes to show you how knowledgeable the authors of these things are. Maybe oral surgeons go to "oral surgery school" before their residency, and I think endodontists go to "endodontic school" before theirs :D Apparently, these people are the real "brains" behind career choices these days.

Journalism is not what it was 50 years ago.

Last edited:
I like: 9. Arts Administrator

A great top 10 career for the tens of thousands of suckers that go to private colleges to party and get a useless $80,000 art degree only to find out they are completely unmarketable in the job force.

At least a physical ed degree might land you a $20,000 job in some elementary school playing kick ball with the kiddies.

What the heck is an "Arts Administrator" anyway? :lol:

20k...haha...my neighbor is a physical education teacher and he makes at least 75k Im sure(the total outlay for his salary, benefits, retirement is easily 100k though). Varies a lot in different districts Im sure.