oradea/debrecen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamaicanmecrazy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are everyone's thoughts on oradea university in romania and debrecen university in hungary...both are supposedly easy to get into..but is the quality of education on the same level as other european schools...btw..both these schools are accredited by the medical board of california

Members don't see this ad.

what are everyone's thoughts on oradea university in romania and debrecen university in hungary...both are supposedly easy to get into..but is the quality of education on the same level as other european schools...btw..both these schools are accredited by the medical board of california

The quality is most likely not the same. Please do not confuse schools like this that teach in English and cater to US students who didnt make the cut to European schools who are designed for top notch European students, some of which enjoy a status as top medical schools worldwide. Examples are Heidelberg, Munich, Berlin, Oxford, Cambridge, and the Karolinska Institüt. Some of these European schools, like Heidelberg (founded in the 1300s), have been around for hundreds of years and have offered excellent medical training before the US was even founded. Hundreds of students apply for each spot.

If a school abroad is specifically designed for American students, I would watch out. Furthermore, they will charge high tuition rates because they know some people are willing to pay.

hello!
oradea?!?!?! :eek: :eek:
i know taht from all the medical universities in romania, that one from oradea is the oposite of "the best" ... i don;t know nothing about that one from hungary, but in oradea.... hmmmm. i don;t think would be the best choice if u wanna be a doc who can pass an exam in usa or somewhere in europe....
i don;t wanna offence nobody, this is my opinion ... ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
correction...oradea isn't approved by california..there's only five 6 year english programs in eastern europe accredited by california..and those are: all 4 in hungary and first faculty in prague, czech republic..so yah..poland schools and all english speaking courses aren't accepted by california besides those

The quality is most likely not the same. Please do not confuse schools like this that teach in English and cater to US students who didnt make the cut to European schools who are designed for top notch European students, some of which enjoy a status as top medical schools worldwide. Examples are Heidelberg, Munich, Berlin, Oxford, Cambridge, and the Karolinska Institüt. Some of these European schools, like Heidelberg (founded in the 1300s), have been around for hundreds of years and have offered excellent medical training before the US was even founded. Hundreds of students apply for each spot.

If a school abroad is specifically designed for American students, I would watch out. Furthermore, they will charge high tuition rates because they know some people are willing to pay.

Yes and no.

Considering that a ton of Germans and Scandinavians are able to transfer back to Germany and Scandinavia from some of these six year programs, much of it comes down to the effort one puts into it.

What you should know is that the attrition rates are extremely high as they will admit just about anyone with enough cash to pay for it.

Besides, no six year program is designed for US students, no matter what the agent or the school says. This is reason enough to avoid the programs if you desire to come/return to the US. I've posted a lot on this subject in the past, so I'm not going to rehash my arguments here. Do a search on my posts here and at valuemd.

As a former Debrecen grad, now doing his residency in the states, yes, the application process is easier. Getting out is the hard part!! And only about 10-15% of the class was American..most of the class are Europeans, who are allowed to transfer back to their home countries med school if they so desire. So studying in Central Europe is not for everyone, but it is a good option.

and how does it look like to study in debrecen?I am interested because i'm involved in ERASMUS/SOCRATES programme for next academic year,and debrecen is one of the options.Only thing I've heard is that it's a beautiful city with lot of foreigin students and that is all I know.

and how does it look like to study in debrecen?I am interested because i'm involved in ERASMUS/SOCRATES programme for next academic year,and debrecen is one of the options.Only thing I've heard is that it's a beautiful city with lot of foreigin students and that is all I know.

You gotta work your **$ off down here...Im going to Debrecen. City is really small and people are Europeans. I m from Vancouver, B.C, Canada, I dont like the city at all, I mean if youre from the states or Canada, you wont like it at all. Students down here usually put it this way: Its minimum of a 5/6 years of hardship and then we'll enter into a new stage which seems to be better.
BTW, are you looking into med or dent? If youre going into med, you better love it, or youll fail. thats all...

hi
i am from pakistan and want to get a good institute for cardiology specialization in intervention.
how can i get admission in deberecan.
how is romania.
where to go?
kind regards
[email protected]