Oral Medicine Internship/Fellowship

Started by svarp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

svarp

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know about the career prospects after doing a fellowship in oral medicine?
 
Can you elaborate on your question? Are you currently an oral med fellow? Or are you planning to be? and where's your fellowship taking place, AAOM? I'm not sure what you are asking about.
 
Yes, at an AAOM accredited program. I am planning to join a fellowship this year and later pursue a residency. I am asking for a career path and how easy/difficult it is for a foreign dentist who will need a work visa.
 
Hi svarp, how do you get AAOM fellowship while you are a foreign-trained dentist? My understanding AAOM won't allow it unless you are graduating from an oral medicine graduate program in the USA.
If you plan to apply for jobs in the US after graduation and becoming a fellow. I think your best bet is to look for a hospital that can sponsor you, a university, or make a big investment and open your own clinic. I think you are eligible to work in Canada too which may be easier than the US when it comes to work permission for dentists.