Order of prerequisite classes (HELP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctortobee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school doesn't have a pre-med committee or official pre-med advisors...I want to attend an Osteopathic medical school..How does this order sound for taking the prerequisites?? I would be taking the classes along with a few nursing classes as a post-undergrad. I graduate with my degree in Education in the spring of 2001.

Summer 00: Biology I and II

(Finish current degree Fall 00 and Spring 01)

Summer 01: Chem I and II (maybe Intro to organic also)

Fall 01: Physics I and Organic I

Spring 02: Physics II, Organic II, take the MCAT

Summer 02: Fill out AACOMAS take more classes study for MCAT again

Any suggestions, comments, or criticisms would be appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

That's fine, but you might want to try and fit your premed classes in during the regular semesters and not during summer.

At times Admissions Committees may view summer classes as less rigorous, so that may hurt your application somewhat. You also probably should not take the MCAT more than once, but if you must, don't plan on taking it until after you've received your scores (unless you know for sure that you totally flubbed up on the first attempt).

Tim of New York City.

I would LOVE to fit my classes in during fall and spring, but I'm an education major...All my classes and field work is in the morning and there are none of the classes I need that are offered at night.

Your order is OK. Some courses that will be a big help once you get here and I believe to essential

Med Physiology
Histology
Microbiology
Biochemistry
Anatomy
Pharmocology
Immunology

These classes will make you very prepared for applying and actual school