Biology Prerequisite Minimum Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nina212

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian student and took 1 full year biology course with lab in first year but I got less than a B-. However, I took a third year animal behaviour course (a biology course) that was a year long with lab and I got an A. I also took two other biology courses in first and second year where I did poorly but I aced the rest of my bio courses afterwards. So, how do medical schools determine which course to use towards their prerequisite requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

The first year bio courses are enough to fulfill the requirement.

You can also choose which courses fulfill the requirements when you fill out the primary.

The first year bio courses are enough to fulfill the requirement.

You can also choose which courses fulfill the requirements when you fill out the primary.
My concern is that they will include my lower biology mark in first year over my higher one in my upper year biology. But do they really leave it up to you to decide which course you want to count as the requirement? Is there a pre-selected list that you must choose from or do you enter it manually?

You manually enter the courses and classify them in the transcript section. Afterwards, you can pick and choose which courses fulfill which requirement for each school. It doesn't matter which courses you enter so long as it's the appropriate subject. It's not like they will only use the selected courses to determine your fate, they will look at your entire transcript regardless and calculate your GPA with all courses included. Just don't put the wrong course (like a sociology course when it clearly asks for chemistry).