Order of the Black Skull

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doctorcarib2009

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard from a couple docs that are family friends that as a Carib. medical student, I should join the Order of the Black Skull. They are members since the 80's and felt that it helped them get residencies. I tried to pledge on facebook but was rejected for membership? I was told they have many docs in prominent positions making residency decisions. Does anyone have any advice on how to get accepted to the fraternity?!

I only have their facebook info and info from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Black_Skull
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And it's the OP's first post...

Right. There's a secret society that organizes secret non-Match great residency spots for carrib med students. Which is, you know, why those great residency spots are all full of... oh, nevermind.

<-- will be called a troll.

Anyone else want to start a "I'm getting my residency through an underhanded process that leaves others out in the cold" rumor? Hear it does wonders for the psyche.
 
I have heard from a couple docs that are family friends that as a Carib. medical student, I should join the Order of the Black Skull. They are members since the 80's and felt that it helped them get residencies. I tried to pledge on facebook but was rejected for membership? I was told they have many docs in prominent positions making residency decisions. Does anyone have any advice on how to get accepted to the fraternity?!

I only have their facebook info and info from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Black_Skull

We've been exposed! The Dark Cranium must be made aware of this!
 
Did anyone go to the Wiki page on it? Can't help but love the part about the tobacco and distilled rum. All I can say is yum...oh I miss the Caribbean sometimes 😉
 
I went to the wiki page before it was taken down... the only reference was to someone's blog. Kinda defeats the meaning of "references."

Its good to see that wiki has some standards. (Particularly as that seems to be where I get most of my medical education these days.)
 
Well crap. And I was hoping to get inducted so I could have some rum.

:laugh::laugh:
 
I don't know anything about the weird crap on wiki involving the rituals and such...the page said it was taken down because the article failed to "show its relevance as a group" by some guy named R'n'B?! It seems pretty odd that it was taken down though.

As for the group... I go to Ross and it's fairly common knowledge that there is a private fraternity called the Order of the Black Skull here that has been around since the school started.

Anyway, I found their email on facebook and contacted them to find out why I was turned down.

I don't understand why some of the poeple on his forum think this is such a big deal or conspiracy theory...
 
A top secret, all-powerful, nefarious organization of ..... Caribbean medical grads and a Facebook page. Hmm. Yeah, not buying it. And for the record, if you're using a secret society to secure a residency placement, you're doing it the hard way.
 
Why is it important to get into this group when the formula to securing a residency is pretty well detailed in these forums??

I guess if you want a high post in the AMA, a membership to a secret society of doctors may help. Otherwise, it would seem like this group just got together on vacations or the occasional drink to discuss the old times back at school. Just my two cents.
 
hi i am not only the president of the Order of the Black Skulls but also a client.

We are currently opening our doors to admitting new members. to join please private message me the fallowing things. your name, address and phone number, caribbean medical schol you're attending or have attended, your estimated graduation year or actual graduation year, a picture of you on a caribbean beach to prove that you were there. Once the information is varified a more detailed application will be sent to your home address. Please fill out the application and include a check for $150US for the application fee. You'll get your official Order of the Black Skulls membership card in 6 to 8 weeks after your check has been chashed.

Don't forget to tell your freinds.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi i am not only the president of the Order of the Black Skulls but also a client.

We are currently opening our doors to admitting new members. to join please private message me the fallowing things. your name, address and phone number, caribbean medical schol you're attending or have attended, your estimated graduation year or actual graduation year, a picture of you on a caribbean beach to prove that you were there. Once the information is varified a more detailed application will be sent to your home address. Please fill out the application and include a check for $150US for the application fee. You'll get your official Order of the Black Skulls membership card in 6 to 8 weeks after your check has been chashed.

Don't forget to tell your freinds.

Can I be the treasurer?😀
 
hi i am not only the president of the Order of the Black Skulls but also a client.

We are currently opening our doors to admitting new members. to join please private message me the fallowing things. your name, address and phone number, caribbean medical schol you're attending or have attended, your estimated graduation year or actual graduation year, a picture of you on a caribbean beach to prove that you were there. Once the information is varified a more detailed application will be sent to your home address. Please fill out the application and include a check for $150US for the application fee. You'll get your official Order of the Black Skulls membership card in 6 to 8 weeks after your check has been chashed.

Don't forget to tell your freinds.

TRAITOR! It's down the clivus with you!
 
Also as any good secret society there are dues that must be paid. Since you're all wealthy physicians we'll start the dues at $300/year this will include a subscription to the Order of the Black Skull magazine, which will come out bi-annually. And don't forget to purchase your very own Order of the Black Skull scrubs and White Coat. Other merchandise will be available soon.

Hurry while supplies last.

don't forget to ask about the secret hand shake.
 
hi i am not only the president of the Order of the Black Skulls but also a client.

We are currently opening our doors to admitting new members. to join please private message me the fallowing things. your name, address and phone number, caribbean medical schol you're attending or have attended, your estimated graduation year or actual graduation year, a picture of you on a caribbean beach to prove that you were there. Once the information is varified a more detailed application will be sent to your home address. Please fill out the application and include a check for $150US for the application fee. You'll get your official Order of the Black Skulls membership card in 6 to 8 weeks after your check has been chashed.

Don't forget to tell your freinds.


The thing that is so funny about a person like this, is they are obviously not even a medical student or a doctor. Why do these people hang out on these forums around us and just make stupid comments?! I mean look at their profile pic and it's pretty obvious what kind of person this is. Probably just someone who never made the cut. I am an ACTUAL med. student, granted at a school in the Carib., but I was just asking a simple question. This person has no idea about med school, pre-match, making connections, or residency. It's pretty sad. good luck with your next 2 years wasting your time on this forum. this is my last post.
 
The thing that is so funny about a person like this, is they are obviously not even a medical student or a doctor. Why do these people hang out on these forums around us and just make stupid comments?! I mean look at their profile pic and it's pretty obvious what kind of person this is. Probably just someone who never made the cut. I am an ACTUAL med. student, granted at a school in the Carib., but I was just asking a simple question. This person has no idea about med school, pre-match, making connections, or residency. It's pretty sad. good luck with your next 2 years wasting your time on this forum. this is my last post.

Three posts and you're out!
 
The thing that is so funny about a person like this, is they are obviously not even a medical student or a doctor. Why do these people hang out on these forums around us and just make stupid comments?! I mean look at their profile pic and it's pretty obvious what kind of person this is. Probably just someone who never made the cut. I am an ACTUAL med. student, granted at a school in the Carib., but I was just asking a simple question. This person has no idea about med school, pre-match, making connections, or residency. It's pretty sad. good luck with your next 2 years wasting your time on this forum. this is my last post.


lol. you can't be so serious all the time dude... I hope I don't give you an MI by breaking some bad news to you but not only am I in med school but I am attending a better carib school than you and probably scored better than you on step1, or than you will score on step1 cause I bet you haven't taken it yet. but hey I can't disprove delusions so keep thinking whatever you want to think. You just fell for a huge prank and don't even know it. "order of the black skull" haha stop watching Pirates of the Caribbean and go to class. The only club that will help you get a residency is the Honors Society.

Ohh and I am rotating with a 6 Ross students right now and they've never heard of the order of the black skull. Like I said above stop smoking the local "tobacco" and go to class more often. Those "minnies" will get you.