Orders Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In terms of per diem when on a AT clerkship rotation, do we get reimbursed accordingly (and need to save all our receipts), or do we just get a certain amount?

Members don't see this ad.

Per Diem is a set rate based on the location.

You need to save receipts for incidentals and things like hotel, rental car (if authorized), etc. You don't need them for your meals. Basically if it's over a set amount (I think it used to be $75) you need a receipt

By incidentals I mean things like: dry cleaning, gas for rental car, tolls, parking fees, etc etc. (I think you can even get ATM fees reimbursed)

Per Diem is a set rate based on the location.

You need to save receipts for incidentals and things like hotel, rental car (if authorized), etc. You don't need them for your meals. Basically if it's over a set amount (I think it used to be $75) you need a receipt

By incidentals I mean things like: dry cleaning, gas for rental car, tolls, parking fees, etc etc. (I think you can even get ATM fees reimbursed)

So, will I just get a deposit for the money allotted for M/IE (does that stand for meals and incidentals?) which is something like $70/day when it's over? Not that I'm complaining, but that seems like a lot of money.

Also, if I need lodging, do I call the SATO office to check for Navy Lodge availability (or get whatever certificate of non-availability I need to acquire), or do I just call the NavyLodge directly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully a former/current HPSP'er will respond back on an answer for you on that one.

I know how it works for USUHS and active duty, there may be some subtle differences with the HPSP especially regarding how to make your reservations and the need of a Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA).

Hopefully a former/current HPSP'er will respond back on an answer for you on that one.

I know how it works for USUHS and active duty, there may be some subtle differences with the HPSP especially regarding how to make your reservations and the need of a Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA).

I just booked myself a room at the Navy Lodge, so I guess that's it.

So, will I just get a deposit for the money allotted for M/IE (does that stand for meals and incidentals?) which is something like $70/day when it's over? Not that I'm complaining, but that seems like a lot of money.

After I did BOLC, I had to submit a travel reimbursement form to DFAS that bascially said what my itinerary was and had an official signature. I sent that in along with my orders to DFAS and received a deposit into my checking account a few weeks later. I was reimbursed for per diem and I think for taxi's too

I just booked myself a room at the Navy Lodge, so I guess that's it.

You will need to call the Bachelors Officers Quarters (BOQ). If they have room for you, you need to stay there. If they do not, they will give you a non-availability statement and you can stay at either the Navy Lodge or a hotel out on town. Make sure you do not exceed the daily rate for the area.

For meals and incidentals, that is all you get to eat. Now most students can eat for far less and you get to keep the difference if you are frugal. But if you go over, that is all on you.

You will need to call the Bachelors Officers Quarters (BOQ). If they have room for you, you need to stay there. If they do not, they will give you a non-availability statement and you can stay at either the Navy Lodge or a hotel out on town. Make sure you do not exceed the daily rate for the area.

For meals and incidentals, that is all you get to eat. Now most students can eat for far less and you get to keep the difference if you are frugal. But if you go over, that is all on you.

My orders said to go in this order: Navy Gateway Inn & Suites (closed as of the middle Sept for Bethesda), Navy Lodge, and commercial lodging. No mention of BOQ.

My orders said to go in this order: Navy Gateway Inn & Suites (closed as of the middle Sept for Bethesda), Navy Lodge, and commercial lodging. No mention of BOQ.

It may be closed with all of the construction. Ask when you check in to NNMC. I would not want you to get screwed because you did not have the non-availability statement.

It may be closed with all of the construction. Ask when you check in to NNMC. I would not want you to get screwed because you did not have the non-availability statement.

I will. I checke their website, and called and got the same info. Also, the orientation packet I got this morning said there was no BOQ lodging currently Bethesda, so to stay at the Navy Lodge if possible.