• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Orders Question

backrow

60% of the time it works everytime
Lifetime Donor
Navy
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
  1. Attending Physician
    Per Diem is a set rate based on the location.

You need to save receipts for incidentals and things like hotel, rental car (if authorized), etc. You don't need them for your meals. Basically if it's over a set amount (I think it used to be $75) you need a receipt

By incidentals I mean things like: dry cleaning, gas for rental car, tolls, parking fees, etc etc. (I think you can even get ATM fees reimbursed)

SeminoleFan3

10+ Year Member
    Navy
    Mar 3, 2006
    1. Attending Physician
      Per Diem is a set rate based on the location.

You need to save receipts for incidentals and things like hotel, rental car (if authorized), etc. You don't need them for your meals. Basically if it's over a set amount (I think it used to be $75) you need a receipt

By incidentals I mean things like: dry cleaning, gas for rental car, tolls, parking fees, etc etc. (I think you can even get ATM fees reimbursed)

So, will I just get a deposit for the money allotted for M/IE (does that stand for meals and incidentals?) which is something like $70/day when it's over? Not that I'm complaining, but that seems like a lot of money.

Also, if I need lodging, do I call the SATO office to check for Navy Lodge availability (or get whatever certificate of non-availability I need to acquire), or do I just call the NavyLodge directly?

About the Ads

backrow

60% of the time it works everytime
      Lifetime Donor
      Navy
      15+ Year Member
      Apr 16, 2005
      1. Attending Physician
        Hopefully a former/current HPSP'er will respond back on an answer for you on that one.

I know how it works for USUHS and active duty, there may be some subtle differences with the HPSP especially regarding how to make your reservations and the need of a Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA).

SeminoleFan3

10+ Year Member
        Navy
        Mar 3, 2006
        1. Attending Physician
          Hopefully a former/current HPSP'er will respond back on an answer for you on that one.

I know how it works for USUHS and active duty, there may be some subtle differences with the HPSP especially regarding how to make your reservations and the need of a Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA).

I just booked myself a room at the Navy Lodge, so I guess that's it.

bleeker10

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jul 11, 2008
          GA
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            So, will I just get a deposit for the money allotted for M/IE (does that stand for meals and incidentals?) which is something like $70/day when it's over? Not that I'm complaining, but that seems like a lot of money.

After I did BOLC, I had to submit a travel reimbursement form to DFAS that bascially said what my itinerary was and had an official signature. I sent that in along with my orders to DFAS and received a deposit into my checking account a few weeks later. I was reimbursed for per diem and I think for taxi's too

NavyFP

10+ Year Member
            May 18, 2006
            Manning a Cubicle
            1. Attending Physician
              I just booked myself a room at the Navy Lodge, so I guess that's it.

You will need to call the Bachelors Officers Quarters (BOQ). If they have room for you, you need to stay there. If they do not, they will give you a non-availability statement and you can stay at either the Navy Lodge or a hotel out on town. Make sure you do not exceed the daily rate for the area.

For meals and incidentals, that is all you get to eat. Now most students can eat for far less and you get to keep the difference if you are frugal. But if you go over, that is all on you.

SeminoleFan3

10+ Year Member
              Navy
              Mar 3, 2006
              1. Attending Physician
                You will need to call the Bachelors Officers Quarters (BOQ). If they have room for you, you need to stay there. If they do not, they will give you a non-availability statement and you can stay at either the Navy Lodge or a hotel out on town. Make sure you do not exceed the daily rate for the area.

For meals and incidentals, that is all you get to eat. Now most students can eat for far less and you get to keep the difference if you are frugal. But if you go over, that is all on you.

My orders said to go in this order: Navy Gateway Inn & Suites (closed as of the middle Sept for Bethesda), Navy Lodge, and commercial lodging. No mention of BOQ.

NavyFP

10+ Year Member
                May 18, 2006
                Manning a Cubicle
                1. Attending Physician
                  My orders said to go in this order: Navy Gateway Inn & Suites (closed as of the middle Sept for Bethesda), Navy Lodge, and commercial lodging. No mention of BOQ.

It may be closed with all of the construction. Ask when you check in to NNMC. I would not want you to get screwed because you did not have the non-availability statement.

SeminoleFan3

10+ Year Member
                  Navy
                  Mar 3, 2006
                  1. Attending Physician
                    It may be closed with all of the construction. Ask when you check in to NNMC. I would not want you to get screwed because you did not have the non-availability statement.

I will. I checke their website, and called and got the same info. Also, the orientation packet I got this morning said there was no BOQ lodging currently Bethesda, so to stay at the Navy Lodge if possible.

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.