Oregon (OHSU) Class of 2030 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryxndek

D4 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Link to last year's thread: Oregon (OHSU) Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂

Link to school website: Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.69
Science GPA: 3.64
DAT: 20.8AA, 20.3TS, 21.2PAT
Applied: 938
OOS: 811 Applied, 145 Interviewed, 137 Accepted
IS: 91 Applied, 47 Interviewed, 44 Accepted
International: 36 Applied, 6 Interviewed, 6 Accepted
# Enrolled: 74
OOS Students Enrolled:
AK‑1, AZ‑6, CA‑8, CT‑1, HI‑2,
ID‑2, IL‑1, MI‑1, MN‑2, MP‑1, ND‑1,
TX‑1, UT‑3, WA‑2, WI‑1, WY‑1,
State Not Reported‑1, Bahrain‑1
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science GPA: 3.67
DAT: 21.1AA, 20.7TS, 21.2PAT
Applied: 795
OOS: 671 Applied, 101 Accepted
IS: 93 Applied, 45 Accepted
International: 31 Applied, 3 Accepted
# Enrolled: 72
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.24-3.99
Overall: 3.29-3.99
OOS Students Enrolled:
AK-2, AZ-2, CA-7, ID-2, MN-1,
MT-1, PA-1, TX-1, UT-1, WA-9,
WI-2, South Korea-1
Class of 2028 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.68
Science GPA: 3.61
DAT: 20.7AA, 20.1TS, 19.8PAT
Applied: 1,602
OOS: 1,423 Applied, 156 Accepted
IS: 97 Applied, 47 Accepted
International: 3182Applied, 3 Accepted
# Enrolled: 73
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.20-3.98
Overall: 3.31-3.99
17-25AA, 16-24PAT, 17-24TS
OOS Students Enrolled:
AK-2, AZ-2, CA-9, HI-3, ID-1, IL-1, MD-1,
MI-1, TX-1, UT-2, VA-1, WA-6
Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I’m a DS1 at Oregon and our summer term is ending here in a few weeks. It’s been a pretty busy term for admin, who organize all of our orientation activities that pretty much last all of summer term. Hang tight! I’m betting interview season will be starting very soon.
 
Interview #2
Notification date: 08/27/2025
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
GPA: 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): AA 20, TS 22, Pat 21
Interview: Online
 
Interview #1
Submission date: 8/25/2025
Notification date: 9/15/2025
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
GPA: 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): AA 21.5 TS 22 PAT 21
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone received any interviews from OHSU lately? I received on last cycle but since then I’ve improved so much and I haven’t received anything yet. I am OOS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anything selective about the April 10th gathering for interviewed students? And should I dress like it is a formal interview? I am an alternate
 
Is there anything selective about the April 10th gathering for interviewed students? And should I dress like it is a formal interview? I am an alternate
it is an open house/info session
attending or not is not selective, but it may help slightly because you are showing interest
i would recommend at least business casual
but people will be dressed all the way from casual to interview attire...
 
it is an open house/info session
attending or not is not selective, but it may help slightly because you are showing interest
i would recommend at least business casual
but people will be dressed all the way from casual to interview attire...
and note- it's not an interview, but you should be on your best behavior...
 
Does anyone know if the class is full? or if there could be any chance of getting off the waitlist at this point? I have an acceptance for a school OOS and I am in the process of getting an apartment but I want to receive a final answer from OHSU first but I feel like I'm just being too hopeful haha
 
Does anyone know if the class is full? or if there could be any chance of getting off the waitlist at this point? I have an acceptance for a school OOS and I am in the process of getting an apartment but I want to receive a final answer from OHSU first but I feel like I'm just being too hopeful haha
there's always a chance up until orientation that someone drops out and doesn't show up...
 
there's always a chance up until orientation that someone drops out and doesn't show up...
but it's up to you to decide at what point you make your arrangements for an oos school
most schools will try and keep people (especially IS people) on waitlists because they are the most likely to switch at the last minute...
 
but it's up to you to decide at what point you make your arrangements for an oos school
most schools will try and keep people (especially IS people) on waitlists because they are the most likely to switch at the last minute...
thanks for replying! I appreciate it. 🙂
 
thanks for replying! I appreciate it. 🙂
you're welcome
it's quite likely that the class is currently full
schools at this point want to make sure they are as locked in and have a full complement of students, especially at public schools (exceptions may be found at high tuition/high enrollment privates)
movement will still take place for many reasons
a couple years ago, ohsu lost an incoming student to a skiing injury (i think they were deferred to the next class)
money/illness/family issues/money issues can affect IS and OOS students
or an OOS student can get into their IS school at the last minute
however, this cannot be counted upon, and you have to prepare as if you are going to your OOS school and keep it in mind where your go/no go point is if you get a last minute acceptance to ohsu...