Oregon State c/o 2026 hopefuls

Started by tacochan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tacochan

Oregon State c/o 2026! (=^ ◡ ^=)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can’t believe this thread hasn’t been started yet! Who else is hyped for OSU? Second-time applicant but first time applying as an IS applicant!

Any current IS students care to share their application stats? I heard the chances for being granted an interview are likely for IS applicants :banana:
 
Can’t believe this thread hasn’t been started yet! Who else is hyped for OSU? Second-time applicant but first time applying as an IS applicant!

Any current IS students care to share their application stats? I heard the chances for being granted an interview are likely for IS applicants :banana:
So happy to see someone made this forum!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can’t believe this thread hasn’t been started yet! Who else is hyped for OSU? Second-time applicant but first time applying as an IS applicant!

Any current IS students care to share their application stats? I heard the chances for being granted an interview are likely for IS applicants :banana:
How did you hear that most in-state applicants would get an interview? This is my first time applying and I’m excited and nervous at the same time because I’m a lower GPA applicant.
 
How did you hear that most in-state applicants would get an interview? This is my first time applying and I’m excited and nervous at the same time because I’m a lower GPA applicant.
I've heard this as well. Around 100-150 Oregon residents apply every year for, what, 50 seats? Makes your odds pretty good on an average year 🙂
(This is what I heard from OSU representative that came to my Uni 2 years ago)
 
How did you hear that most in-state applicants would get an interview? This is my first time applying and I’m excited and nervous at the same time because I’m a lower GPA applicant.
I wouldn't say most in-state applicants, but a good chunk get offered interviews! I believe Tess said around 60 interviews were offered last year to give you an idea.
 
I've heard this as well. Around 100-150 Oregon residents apply every year for, what, 50 seats? Makes your odds pretty good on an average year 🙂
(This is what I heard from OSU representative that came to my Uni 2 years ago)
Wait. I’m not in-state, but only that many people apply for in-state?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm a first-time OOS applicant. I read that from the website that they will not conduct interviews for OOS students, is that correct? Just want to confirm it with someone.
 
Anyone else get the email today about your app being completed and mentioning another email about an applicant portal on slate? I’m confused as to whether the portal they are referring to is the same one that was already created a few weeks ago? Halllpppp
 
Anyone else get the email today about your app being completed and mentioning another email about an applicant portal on slate? I’m confused as to whether the portal they are referring to is the same one that was already created a few weeks ago? Halllpppp
Did you ever get the 2nd email? I haven't seen mine....
 
Did you ever get the 2nd email? I haven't seen mine....
I got an email back in September with a link to the portal, so if you got it then, there’s not another email coming. If not, I’d check spam folders! If you happen to be checking on a computer rather than a mobile, I noticed on my computer the email is under the social category of my inbox but on my phone it’s just in my general inbox
 
I got an email back in September with a link to the portal, so if you got it then, there’s not another email coming. If not, I’d check spam folders! If you happen to be checking on a computer rather than a mobile, I noticed on my computer the email is under the social category of my inbox but on my phone it’s just in my general inbox
Ah OK, just the normal "OSU Application Status Portal" - mine says under review. 🙂 Thank u
 
Any updates from anyone? Has anyone received an interview?
Nothing for me yet either, I’m IS. I believe last year interview invites were sent out to IS applicants around the 2nd week in December, and then admissions decisions were sent to OOS a couple weeks after that? But I’m not totally sure.

How are y’all doing with the anxiety? I’m kind of a mess!
 
Nothing for me yet either, I’m IS. I believe last year interview invites were sent out to IS applicants around the 2nd week in December, and then admissions decisions were sent to OOS a couple weeks after that? But I’m not totally sure.

How are y’all doing with the anxiety? I’m kind of a mess!
Oregon state isn't interviewing this year, they will send out decisions in January. I'm not sure if this comforts or horrifies me, to be honest.
 
Oregon state isn't interviewing this year, they will send out decisions in January. I'm not sure if this comforts or horrifies me, to be honest.
They’ve never interviewed out of state. I checked in with Tess a couple weeks ago and she told me interview invites will be sent out in mid December (I’m an Oregon resident) so unless something has changed in the past few weeks they are still operating as they always have and interviewing only OR residents. Have you heard something different from admissions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone found out whether OSU had an increase in applicants this year (both IS and OOS)? I was just curious since it seems like schools such as Colorado and Washington had crazy high increases 😵‍💫
 
Has anyone found out whether OSU had an increase in applicants this year (both IS and OOS)? I was just curious since it seems like schools such as Colorado and Washington had crazy high increases [emoji43]‍[emoji94]

I don’t have a sure answer for you but I would be shocked if any schools had less applications than usual…
 
Just an FYI that this is finals week for us 😵

Most of the faculty are probably pretty busy this week and beginning of next (submitting final grades, fielding last-minute questions and such). I don’t have any insider information, but I probably wouldn’t hold my breath for this week. Everyone should be pretty freed up to worry about applications and acceptances soon though! I remember how agonizing the wait was. Good luck to you all!
 
Just an FYI that this is finals week for us 😵

Most of the faculty are probably pretty busy this week and beginning of next (submitting final grades, fielding last-minute questions and such). I don’t have any insider information, but I probably wouldn’t hold my breath for this week. Everyone should be pretty freed up to worry about applications and acceptances soon though! I remember how agonizing the wait was. Good luck to you all!
Last year IS interview invites went out on Dec 11, which I believe was the Friday of finals week. So I am holding out hope for interview invites this Friday!
 
Anyone else obsessively checking their email lol?
Yes! According to last year's thread, IS applicants didn't receive interview invites til the evening :nailbiting: Given the VMCAS deadline was extended this year, it's possible we may not even hear back til next week...
 
Just for a heads up, I saw on the APVMA Facebook page that oregon is still making decisions and will have them out in the next 2 weeks, they’re hoping for early in the week of dec 20th. I believe this is for OOS, but anyone feel free to correct me if you have additional info!
Ah, I always hate it when things come out the week of holidays (though obviously not everyone celebrates Christmas). Lol I know it can't be helped but...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just for a heads up, I saw on the APVMA Facebook page that oregon is still making decisions and will have them out in the next 2 weeks, they’re hoping for early in the week of dec 20th. I believe this is for OOS, but anyone feel free to correct me if you have additional info!
Thanks for sharing! Just wondering if OSU specified whether this announcement was for OOS? Do IS applicants typically hear back first?
 
Thanks for sharing! Just wondering if OSU specified whether this announcement was for OOS? Do IS applicants typically hear back first?
It was another another applicant that emailed them about the OOS timeline specifically. I can’t say for sure, but I believe in the past IS typically hears back first about interviews before OOS status’s are updated
 
It was another another applicant that emailed them about the OOS timeline specifically. I can’t say for sure, but I believe in the past IS typically hears back first about interviews before OOS status’s are updated
Ah, thanks again! Historically, it looks like IS applicants heard back a week earlier than OOS applicants. Soooo maybe us IS applicants might hear something today or tomorrow? Fingers and toes crossed! :cat:
 
My applicant portal updated with an MMI non-disclosure agreement to sign! No official interview invite yet though!