Oregon State c/o 2026 hopefuls

Started by tacochan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone on the AVPMA FB group emailed Tess, who said that OOS decisions should be out early next week
That would make sense. I recall someone earlier commenting that in the past OOS decisions have come out a week after IS interview invites. So if they're gearing up to send out interview invites this week, then I would expect for us (OOS) to hear next week.
 
That would make sense. I recall someone earlier commenting that in the past OOS decisions have come out a week after IS interview invites. So if they're gearing up to send out interview invites this week, then I would expect for us (OOS) to hear next week.
fingers crossed!
 
I’m starting to wonder whether only qualified IS applicants got the portal update to sign the MMI NDA or if all IS applicants received it… no formal interview invite yet still.
 
Are y’all planning on prepping for the MMI at all? This is my first cycle so my only interview experience has been behavioral interviews when job hunting. I’ve looked up practice questions online but they all seem geared towards and specific to human medicine, and I’m not sure whether or not they would help for us. Can any current IS students weigh in?
 
I'm IS and got my interview registration email this morning at 8am PST! A friend who is OOS got an email around 10 am but hasnt opened it yet, other OOS friends havent received any emails yet.

Congrats!!! 😊 I’m eager to know what the OOS email is, please keep us updated when they open it (if you don’t mind!)
Thank you! OOS unfortunately didnt get an offer, I know they send out OOS emails slowly over these next few days though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just for a heads up, I saw on the APVMA Facebook page that oregon is still making decisions and will have them out in the next 2 weeks, they’re hoping for early in the week of dec 20th. I believe this is for OOS, but anyone feel free to correct me if you have additional info!
Hi!! That was me that posted it.

It is for OOS only (including WICHE) as IS still have to go through their interviews.
 
Are y’all planning on prepping for the MMI at all? This is my first cycle so my only interview experience has been behavioral interviews when job hunting. I’ve looked up practice questions online but they all seem geared towards and specific to human medicine, and I’m not sure whether or not they would help for us. Can any current IS students weigh in?
I'm not a current student but I would suggest, if your undergrad school has a career services office they can help you practice mock interviews or they can give you some resources for MMI's . Mines did.
 
Are y’all planning on prepping for the MMI at all? This is my first cycle so my only interview experience has been behavioral interviews when job hunting. I’ve looked up practice questions online but they all seem geared towards and specific to human medicine, and I’m not sure whether or not they would help for us. Can any current IS students weigh in?
One of the vets I work with suggested looking up questions online (even if they are geared towards something else) and then make them about veterinary medicine. She also said that usually during MMI interviews, the interviewer wants to check in and see what you have be doing in between the time you applied and your interview (essentially they want to make sure that you didn't quit your vet job/stop gaining veterinary experience as soon as you had to turn in your app). I also did a practice mock MMI and when I asked about how to improve, the mock interviewer suggested thinking of common questions that are asked and writing a few bullet points down. She said that you'll want to take up the whole time to answer, so she also suggested timing your answers to see how long they last. Finally, she also suggested just writing them experiences that you have had and bullet pointing those. Hope this helps!
 
Y’all, go to bed! We’ll all let each other know when we hear something. We might as well all get a good nights sleep 🙂
 
I too have been obsessively checking my portal, but I also have to keep reminding myself that there's no guarantee that we'll even hear back from them today. They did say the week of December 20th. It's probably the first week of winter break for most of us out here, so try to go enjoy yourself! Do something you haven't been able to do in awhile!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe that’s a good sign?!! Sending you good luck 👍🏻🍀
I’ll update you guys when I know haha

What does everyone’s last name start with? I wonder if they’re sending them out alphabetically? since my last name starts with an S I’d be further down on the list.