Oregon State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
~oos rejection~ congratulations to everyone who has been accepted !! good luck to those who have been chosen as an alternate :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to those who were accepted!! And wishing those who were rejected luck with the rest of their applications 🙏

If anyone going for interviews on the 14th wants to meet up, hit me up! I'll be driving down from Portland.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that are interviewing, I found this link to be very helpful for practicing interview questions! I have spoken to a few individuals who have interviewed previously, and they said this is a GREAT set of practice questions.

Best of luck to everyone! I will be heading up to corvallis from Gold Hill😄

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that are interviewing, I found this link to be very helpful for practicing interview questions! I have spoken to a few individuals who have interviewed previously, and they said this is a GREAT set of practice questions.

Best of luck to everyone! I will be heading up to corvallis from Gold Hill😄

Thank you so much for this resource!

Does anyone know what rent is like in corvallis? I'm trying to prepare for moving there without working during vet school :(

Does anyone know what rent is like in corvallis? I'm trying to prepare for moving there without working during vet school :(
From what I’ve looked at, it’s ranged (from like 700-1600/month). I’ve been asking the same question!!

Reactions: 1 user
From what I’ve looked at, it’s ranged (from like 700-1600/month). I’ve been asking the same question!!

Ahh okay! Might need to look into roommates lol, or if OSU offers housing

For accepted students did we need to submit a transcript for Fall 2022?

For accepted students did we need to submit a transcript for Fall 2022?
Yes, they ask for it, and the transcripts for Spring 2023 is due in like... August 1st? Don't quote me though.
You also need to give them a lot of vaccine records. Getting my rabies vaccine tomorrow since current job covers it under our insurance ✌️
Anyone going to the Open House on the 5th?

Does anyone know if OSU has a separate FAFSA code for the vet school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate as well! Does anyone know how many alternates they usually have and how many people are usually taken off the list?

Alternate as well! Does anyone know how many alternates they usually have and how many people are usually taken off the list?
Alternate status as well! I think they said they offered ~100 people a spot on the list for this year.

Has anyone heard about any waitlist updates?

Alternate status as well! I think they said they offered ~100 people a spot on the list for this year.

Has anyone heard about any waitlist updates?
Were you waitlisted in-state or out-of-state? I know that on the in-state list, they are ranked. I'm not sure how many people are on that list. Tess said about 4-10 people are taken off the list every year. If you're out-of-state I would suggest just asking her for an update, she always responds really fast!

Were you waitlisted in-state or out-of-state? I know that on the in-state list, they are ranked. I'm not sure how many people are on that list. Tess said about 4-10 people are taken off the list every year. If you're out-of-state I would suggest just asking her for an update, she always responds really fast!
That probably would have been a good thing to add to my post hahaha OOS* alternate! And thanks, I did go ahead and email Tess about it to see if there are any updates regarding the out of state waitlist :)

Reactions: 3 users
That probably would have been a good thing to add to my post hahaha OOS* alternate! And thanks, I did go ahead and email Tess about it to see if there are any updates regarding the out of state waitlist :)
plz let us know what she says! I am also OOS alt

Okay guys, just heard back from Tess!

"We do not have an update on the non-resident alternate list. I do not anticipate knowing if we will be able to offer additional seats until after the April 17th deadline."

I'm keeping my hopes up that we'll hear something before then...but it keeps ringing in my head how no one got off the waitlist last cycle :/

Okay guys, just heard back from Tess!

"We do not have an update on the non-resident alternate list. I do not anticipate knowing if we will be able to offer additional seats until after the April 17th deadline."

I'm keeping my hopes up that we'll hear something before then...but it keeps ringing in my head how no one got off the waitlist last cycle :/
Chiming in, last cycle was the biggest class size that's been accepted and that was in part due to lots of OOS students accepting, more than anticipated. Likely because of this the list didn't move at all because there simply was no seats to give as it was already a large class size. Schools never anticipate 100% of their offers to be accepted, especially for OOS, so they send out more anticipating half/slightly under half get declined. I won't go into specifics any further, but that's the gist.

Starting to look into apartments out there... Has anyone heard of the apartments called The Retreat and have any reviews on it?

Starting to look into apartments out there... Has anyone heard of the apartments called The Retreat and have any reviews on it?

I lived in The Retreat all 4 yrs of vet school in OSU. Overall I like living there.

Things that I like:
1) Only 10 min from Magruder Hall (vet school teaching hospital). It's especially convenient in 4th year when you're on call for rotations.
2) Spacious, plenty of grass area to walk my dog (even provides poop bags although some people still don't pick up after their dogs), plenty of parking
3) A lot of amenities
4) "Furnished" option which I chose since I don't want to buy/lease furniture, furniture provided are good quality
5) Internet and Cable TV included in rent
6) All units have inside laundry (save a LOT of time especially in 4th year rotations)
7) Service calls response time are reasonable
8) Individual lease for everyone
9) No security deposit required as long as you have a guarantor, but renters insurance is required

Things that I don't like:
1) Rents are a little more expensive
2) If your unit is near the club house and swimming pool, it can get a little noisy

That's all I can think of now. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Does anyone know what the GPA cutoff is for good academic standing is? Just trying to figure it out to maintain a scholarship here

Hi guys! I have decided to attend OSU. I had to wait a little bit because WesternU's decision came out a little later than most universities. I am currently looking for places to live. After some research, I've narrowed it down to a couple of places. I know there are about 80 accepted students. I would prefer if my roommates are also veterinary students (first-year too, if possible) so I wanted to post on here to see if anyone else is also looking for roommates. If anyone is looking for roommates or know ways that I could reach out to other future veterinary students to find roommates, I would really appreciate it! I'm not sure if there's a groupchat or a discord, but I've made one if you want to chat about living arrangements. I am a 23 year old female, LGBTQ+ friendly, and I know how to clean up after myself. Here's the discord link: Join the OSU - Off-Campus Housing Roommates Discord Server!

Just declined my OOS seat for OSU! I wish you all the best

Declined my OOS seat (small companion animal focus) for OSU! Good luck to everyone else!

I am currently on the oos waitlist. Do you guys think I should email saying I’m still interested or are you guys just waiting ?

I am currently on the oos waitlist. Do you guys think I should email saying I’m still interested or are you guys just waiting ?
Tess sent out an interest form a week or two ago that was due on April 7th. Did you respond to that survey form indicating that you were still interested?

Tess sent out an interest form a week or two ago that was due on April 7th. Did you respond to that survey form indicating that you were still interested?
Was that not the original acceptance for the waitlist spot?

I did but I still haven’t heard anything. Was there a second email they sent afterwards?

Oh my gosh I completely didn’t realize I am crying at work. I sent an email apologizing to Tess I hope they will still consider me :( eff

• Care
I did but I still haven’t heard anything. Was there a second email they sent afterwards?
Most recent update! New offers will be made by Thursday but she didn’t say how many. It doesn’t sound like many though.

Attachments

• 7755160F-5EB8-4DD0-83A8-138D771F622E.jpeg
    7755160F-5EB8-4DD0-83A8-138D771F622E.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 90
Oh my gosh I completely didn’t realize I am crying at work. I sent an email apologizing to Tess I hope they will still consider me :( eff
Oh no I’m so sorry!! Did Tess respond back? I hope you have a chance

Yes she said I was on the list and it was totally okay …oops maybe I forgot I filled it out

• Care
I'm now officially #2 on the IS waitlist. Tess said that the list continues to move until the middle of September. I hate all this waiting 😩

Ugh today is the day oos waitlisters…I believe in us! So proud to have made it this far.

• Care
I feel like we would’ve heard if someone accepted a seat ?

Is it bad if I email :/

• Care
Hey guys! Emailed Tess on Friday and she finally got back to me today. Unfortunate news but thought you all would wanna know 🥲
Screenshot_20230425-181711_Gmail.jpg

• Care