-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oregon State c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by cait227
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those that are interviewing, I found this link to be very helpful for practicing interview questions! I have spoken to a few individuals who have interviewed previously, and they said this is a GREAT set of practice questions.
Best of luck to everyone! I will be heading up to corvallis from Gold Hill😄
futurememd.com
Best of luck to everyone! I will be heading up to corvallis from Gold Hill😄
AcceptedTogether | Affordable Medical School Consultants
Skip the $5,000 firms. Get advice from top students who got into medical, dental, or vet school. Browse 250+ verified consultants and set your own budget.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that are interviewing, I found this link to be very helpful for practicing interview questions! I have spoken to a few individuals who have interviewed previously, and they said this is a GREAT set of practice questions.
Best of luck to everyone! I will be heading up to corvallis from Gold Hill😄
![]()
AcceptedTogether | Affordable Medical School Consultants
Skip the $5,000 firms. Get advice from top students who got into medical, dental, or vet school. Browse 250+ verified consultants and set your own budget.futurememd.com
Thank you so much for this resource!
From what I’ve looked at, it’s ranged (from like 700-1600/month). I’ve been asking the same question!!Does anyone know what rent is like in corvallis? I'm trying to prepare for moving there without working during vet school 🙁
From what I’ve looked at, it’s ranged (from like 700-1600/month). I’ve been asking the same question!!
Ahh okay! Might need to look into roommates lol, or if OSU offers housing
For accepted students did we need to submit a transcript for Fall 2022?
Yes, they ask for it, and the transcripts for Spring 2023 is due in like... August 1st? Don't quote me though.For accepted students did we need to submit a transcript for Fall 2022?
You also need to give them a lot of vaccine records. Getting my rabies vaccine tomorrow since current job covers it under our insurance ✌️
Anyone going to the Open House on the 5th?
kittenvet
Full Member
Found it! 003210 for anyone else wondering.Does anyone know if OSU has a separate FAFSA code for the vet school?
alternate! Good luck to everyone!
isleofshibes
Full Member
Alternate as well! Does anyone know how many alternates they usually have and how many people are usually taken off the list?
Luke Currey
New Member
IS accepted! Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate status as well! I think they said they offered ~100 people a spot on the list for this year.Alternate as well! Does anyone know how many alternates they usually have and how many people are usually taken off the list?
Has anyone heard about any waitlist updates?
isleofshibes
Full Member
Were you waitlisted in-state or out-of-state? I know that on the in-state list, they are ranked. I'm not sure how many people are on that list. Tess said about 4-10 people are taken off the list every year. If you're out-of-state I would suggest just asking her for an update, she always responds really fast!Alternate status as well! I think they said they offered ~100 people a spot on the list for this year.
Has anyone heard about any waitlist updates?
That probably would have been a good thing to add to my post hahaha OOS* alternate! And thanks, I did go ahead and email Tess about it to see if there are any updates regarding the out of state waitlist 🙂Were you waitlisted in-state or out-of-state? I know that on the in-state list, they are ranked. I'm not sure how many people are on that list. Tess said about 4-10 people are taken off the list every year. If you're out-of-state I would suggest just asking her for an update, she always responds really fast!
plz let us know what she says! I am also OOS altThat probably would have been a good thing to add to my post hahaha OOS* alternate! And thanks, I did go ahead and email Tess about it to see if there are any updates regarding the out of state waitlist 🙂
kittenvet
Full Member
plz let us know what she says! I am also OOS alt
I second that please let us know!That probably would have been a good thing to add to my post hahaha OOS* alternate! And thanks, I did go ahead and email Tess about it to see if there are any updates regarding the out of state waitlist 🙂
Okay guys, just heard back from Tess!
"We do not have an update on the non-resident alternate list. I do not anticipate knowing if we will be able to offer additional seats until after the April 17th deadline."
I'm keeping my hopes up that we'll hear something before then...but it keeps ringing in my head how no one got off the waitlist last cycle :/
"We do not have an update on the non-resident alternate list. I do not anticipate knowing if we will be able to offer additional seats until after the April 17th deadline."
I'm keeping my hopes up that we'll hear something before then...but it keeps ringing in my head how no one got off the waitlist last cycle :/
mmackie
New Member
Chiming in, last cycle was the biggest class size that's been accepted and that was in part due to lots of OOS students accepting, more than anticipated. Likely because of this the list didn't move at all because there simply was no seats to give as it was already a large class size. Schools never anticipate 100% of their offers to be accepted, especially for OOS, so they send out more anticipating half/slightly under half get declined. I won't go into specifics any further, but that's the gist.Okay guys, just heard back from Tess!
"We do not have an update on the non-resident alternate list. I do not anticipate knowing if we will be able to offer additional seats until after the April 17th deadline."
I'm keeping my hopes up that we'll hear something before then...but it keeps ringing in my head how no one got off the waitlist last cycle :/
Starting to look into apartments out there... Has anyone heard of the apartments called The Retreat and have any reviews on it?
I lived in The Retreat all 4 yrs of vet school in OSU. Overall I like living there.
Things that I like:
1) Only 10 min from Magruder Hall (vet school teaching hospital). It's especially convenient in 4th year when you're on call for rotations.
2) Spacious, plenty of grass area to walk my dog (even provides poop bags although some people still don't pick up after their dogs), plenty of parking
3) A lot of amenities
4) "Furnished" option which I chose since I don't want to buy/lease furniture, furniture provided are good quality
5) Internet and Cable TV included in rent
6) All units have inside laundry (save a LOT of time especially in 4th year rotations)
7) Service calls response time are reasonable
8) Individual lease for everyone
9) No security deposit required as long as you have a guarantor, but renters insurance is required
Things that I don't like:
1) Rents are a little more expensive
2) If your unit is near the club house and swimming pool, it can get a little noisy
That's all I can think of now. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.
Does anyone know what the GPA cutoff is for good academic standing is? Just trying to figure it out to maintain a scholarship here
Hi guys! I have decided to attend OSU. I had to wait a little bit because WesternU's decision came out a little later than most universities. I am currently looking for places to live. After some research, I've narrowed it down to a couple of places. I know there are about 80 accepted students. I would prefer if my roommates are also veterinary students (first-year too, if possible) so I wanted to post on here to see if anyone else is also looking for roommates. If anyone is looking for roommates or know ways that I could reach out to other future veterinary students to find roommates, I would really appreciate it! I'm not sure if there's a groupchat or a discord, but I've made one if you want to chat about living arrangements. I am a 23 year old female, LGBTQ+ friendly, and I know how to clean up after myself. Here's the discord link: Join the OSU - Off-Campus Housing Roommates Discord Server!
kwright9876
New Member
Just declined my OOS seat for OSU! I wish you all the best
lunahermosa
Full Member
Declined my OOS seat (small companion animal focus) for OSU! Good luck to everyone else!
kittenvet
Full Member
Tess sent out an interest form a week or two ago that was due on April 7th. Did you respond to that survey form indicating that you were still interested?I am currently on the oos waitlist. Do you guys think I should email saying I’m still interested or are you guys just waiting ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was that not the original acceptance for the waitlist spot?Tess sent out an interest form a week or two ago that was due on April 7th. Did you respond to that survey form indicating that you were still interested?
delilahatx
New Member
I did but I still haven’t heard anything. Was there a second email they sent afterwards?Tess sent out an interest form a week or two ago that was due on April 7th. Did you respond to that survey form indicating that you were still interested?
kittenvet
Full Member
Most recent update! New offers will be made by Thursday but she didn’t say how many. It doesn’t sound like many though.I did but I still haven’t heard anything. Was there a second email they sent afterwards?
Attachments
kittenvet
Full Member
Oh no I’m so sorry!! Did Tess respond back? I hope you have a chanceOh my gosh I completely didn’t realize I am crying at work. I sent an email apologizing to Tess I hope they will still consider me 🙁 eff
isleofshibes
Full Member
I'm now officially #2 on the IS waitlist. Tess said that the list continues to move until the middle of September. I hate all this waiting 😩
Did you get told in an email or a call!??I'm now officially #2 on the IS waitlist. Tess said that the list continues to move until the middle of September. I hate all this waiting [emoji30]
isleofshibes
Full Member
I got an official email saying that the IS waitlist has offered up 5 spots. It said it was sent to all of the Oregon IS waitlist studentsDid you get told in an email or a call!??
Nothing yet! Been refreshing email and checking portal 282976017 times today...Any news from people on the oos waitlist?
Do you guys think if we havent heard then we're out of luck?!?! [emoji28]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's what I was thinking too, at least for this first round 😬Do you guys think if we havent heard then we're out of luck?!?! [emoji28]
isleofshibes
Full Member
No, it's not bad. I know in the past they haven't been able to accept many people off the OOS waitlist :/Is it bad if I email :/
Hey guys! Emailed Tess on Friday and she finally got back to me today. Unfortunate news but thought you all would wanna know 🥲
Thanks for sharing her response. That's too bad 😔 but here's hoping that by some stroke of luck they'll be able to make a few more offers 🤞Hey guys! Emailed Tess on Friday and she finally got back to me today. Unfortunate news but thought you all would wanna know 🥲View attachment 370034