Oregon to California (advice)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veyep

Got Books?
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

I'm graduating this May. I am moving to California after graduation. I was wondering if anybody could help me with the license procedure. I have few questions:

1) we used E-value to log our intern hours. Does the school send in our hours to Oregon board then they will send it to California (or do i have to fill out the (17A-29) form from each site and send it in to California myself?)

2) I registered for NABP, but can I do anything else right now or do I have to wait until I graduate to register for NAPLEX.

I know my friends are moving to Alaska and Washington and they are filling out their applications, but I thought we have to wait until graduation to move forward with the process.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys

I'm graduating this May. I am moving to California after graduation. I was wondering if anybody could help me with the license procedure. I have few questions:

1) we used E-value to log our intern hours. Does the school send in our hours to Oregon board then they will send it to California (or do i have to fill out the (17A-29) form from each site and send it in to California myself?)

2) I registered for NABP, but can I do anything else right now or do I have to wait until I graduate to register for NAPLEX.

I know my friends are moving to Alaska and Washington and they are filling out their applications, but I thought we have to wait until graduation to move forward with the process.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know the answer to question 1, but a for question 2, in addition to registering on NABP and paying their $400-something fee, you have to fill out an "Application for Pharmacist Examination and Licensure" and pay the $200 fee to the Board as well. This form is on the California board website and also has a nice checklist of all the stuff you need. Once that's done then yes, pretty much you can't do anything else but wait until you get cleared by the board and receive your authorization to test (ATT). This won't happen til a few weeks after graduation since they have to verify your official transcripts showing your degree and the date you graduated. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:
I don't know the answer to question 1, but a for question 2, in addition to registering on NABP and paying their $400-something fee, you have to fill out an "Application for Pharmacist Examination and Licensure" and pay the $200 fee to the Board as well. This form is on the California board website and also has a nice checklist of all the stuff you need. Once that's done then yes, pretty much you can't do anything else but wait until you get cleared by the board and receive your authorization to test (ATT). This won't happen til a few weeks after graduation since they have to verify your official transcripts showing your degree and the date you graduated. Good luck!

:thumbup:

as far as the first question class of 2011 was the first class using E-value so I don't know if the school will send those hours to oregon board and they send it to california board or we have to do something ourselves : - ?

CA BOP is a bit lacking in the technology dept. In their defense, they have been affected by state budget cuts and are even closed certain Fridays of the month.

While it may be worthwhile to inquire about electronically submitting your intern hours, paper submission would likely be the safer route.

In light of their furlough Fridays, keep in mind that it will affect paper processing as well. I found email to be pretty effective, if you can be patient.

Much luck!