Organic 2 lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabs28

Reaction score
I am currently enrolled in a summer course for organic 2, including a lab. I'm just wondering if taking the lab is worth it, because I can use this time studying? I am not taking biochem, so that is my only hesitation in not taking the lab, because it possibly makes up for it. Any advice on this topic would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I very much wish I had pushed O Chem 2 Lab to a separate semester. Four valuable hours I feel like I'm wasting. If I could do it again, I would have waited to have done it at a different semester.

I am currently enrolled in a summer course for organic 2, including a lab. I'm just wondering if taking the lab is worth it, because I can use this time studying? I am not taking biochem, so that is my only hesitation in not taking the lab, because it possibly makes up for it. Any advice on this topic would help!
Comments:

1)The MSAR or school websites will tell you which schools require "a year of OChem and lab(s)" or those allowing Biochem to substitute for Ochem II. You probably have some idea of the schools to which you'd like to apply. Make sure you aren't limiting your future options before you decide to drop the lab.

2) You need Biochem before you take the MCAT.

3) Pushing the lab to another term as suggested by @ShinySephiroth is a reasonable alternative.

Reactions: 2 users
As the other poster said you should really take biochem. If it were me I’d push the lab back at the very least. If you end up taking biochem the vast majority of schools won’t require that you had orgo 2 lab done prior to matriculation.