Organic chem odyssey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datstudy1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know the consensus on the board is that Odyssey might be overkill. If I have gone through DAT destroyer and am still not confident in my orgo skills, and if I wanted to pick and choose certain problems, what would you suggest I do from the Odyssey book? Other than the obvious topics I am week in? Like, do they have mini-tests? Would you suggest I just do every third problem or something?

Thanks, all.

Have a happy thanksgiving!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have the Odyssey, but unfortunately I am not selling it because I have not written my DAT yet (I plan to do so very soon though). The book is organized into chapters covering the different aspects of o-chem. For example, chapter one could be on nomenclature, chapter two on aldehydes, chapter three on ketones, chapter four on SN1 and SN2, etc. I personally have worked through about 90% of it so far and plan to go through it a second time, if time allows.

So, I know the consensus on the board is that Odyssey might be overkill. If I have gone through DAT destroyer and am still not confident in my orgo skills, and if I wanted to pick and choose certain problems, what would you suggest I do from the Odyssey book? Other than the obvious topics I am week in? Like, do they have mini-tests? Would you suggest I just do every third problem or something?

ANYONE SELLING ORGO ODYSSEY?

I am looking to buy immediately.

Thanks, all.

Have a happy thanksgiving!

Happy thanksgiving bro.
Organic Odyssey is overkill, but has some good problems in it. Especially the spectroscopy section. I suggest just do what you can in the sections your weak in. I am selling my version, I think its 2009. The binding is also coming undone but still works great. Msg me if your interested.