Organic chem vs Physics vs Calc vs A&P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which of these classes would you rank the hardest?

• Organic chemistry

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • College Physics

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Human A&P

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Calculus I

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

cpayne03

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rank these in the order of difficulty. How many hours for each one did you study for a week to receive and A? Did you do any prior preparation before taking the course? Thanks for the responses. This is my next semester. Please no "I didn't study at all" or "They're all easy classes" responses, because that just tells me you are insecure, and that will not help me lol thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Physics>Orgo>A&P>calc

Physics- 3 hrs of studying and cram session before tests.

Orgo- 4-5 hrs a week and cram session before.
A&P- it clicked pretty easily for me do I just crammed the night before.
Calc- just did practice problems. Prob like 1-2 a week. You just need repetition of problems.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I appreciate the response.

Members don't see this ad :)
For me Orgo>Physics>Calc>A&P (I only took P). This was because I got a formula cheat sheet for Physics, and Calc (sometimes). Physio was pretty easy with a cram session before, I liked it a lot, so I remember well.

If I had no cheat sheets to work with, and go off pure memory then it would be Physics>Orgo>Calc>A&P. Physics is just so broad, and half the time you couldn't relate concepts to each other. With Orgo, a basic understanding of one concept would help you figure out another.

My study hours would be: Orgo 4 week and extra 4 before exam, Physics 6 weekend before exam, Calc 4 weekend before exam, A&P 2 weekend before exam.

Physics and Orgo are about the same for me>A&P>Calc
I'm always better at biology than chemistry though. I think physics was actually harder for me than OChem, but I am retaking it at a community college and it is a lot easier this time (my current Physics class would be below A&P in difficulty right now).

I studied a LOT for OChem and crammed like the whole day before. For A&P maybe 2 hours a week (however long it took me to go over my notes a few times). We had a few quizzes every week, so I had to study for those. For calculus, I just did the homework.
Doing the homework for physics takes me forever because I really suck at it. We also get a cheat sheet in physics and my calculus teacher did not make me simply very much.

For me it was definitely college physics 1 and 2 (8+ hours of study/week) because the online "mastering physics" problems were insane hard and took forever to complete, lots of derivation of equations. Only way to do well on exam was to study from those problems like every other day for me. followed by A&P 1,2 (4-8hr/wk longer for lab exams weeks) The lecture part of the course was not hard, it was the Lab. exams that required a ton of memorization and some applied concepts. we had to know the cells responsible for the P-wave on an ECG of the heart for crying out loud with out any mention of these cells in the text book!! Followed by Orgo 1&2(4-5hr/wk) some people lived organic because they just did not like it though. Me liking it def. made it easier for me. finally calc. 1&2 (3hr/wk) had to practice recommended hw problems from book back and fourth while trying not to forget how to do the easier ones. Math was my strongest subject.

Orgo>physics>calc>AP. Everyone will have different opinions tho

Thanks all for the responses. It's great to get some incite on what to expect.

Physics is just so broad, and half the time you couldn't relate concepts to each other. With Orgo, a basic understanding of one concept would help you figure out another.
QwqhZC