Organic Chemistry II Lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent1234

Reaction score
Im applying this cycle for Fall of 2020 and have taken Organic Chemistry I with lab and Organic Chemistry II but NO lab. It seems like most dental school require that second lab. Should I plan to take Organic Chemistry II lab spring of 2020 in order to fill the prerequisites for most dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

The credit hours (normally 8) for organic chemistry just means that you need to take 8 credits of ochem, with at least a portion being lab. I only took one lab course with ochem and it was fine for all schools I applied to.

My credit hours only add up to 7. 4 credit hours for organic chem I with lab and 3 credit hours for organic chem II lecture

Members don't see this ad :)
You should plan to take the lab. Some schools will require it, but some won't. But if you take it, you will be safe.

Reactions: 1 user
Im applying this cycle for Fall of 2020 and have taken Organic Chemistry I with lab and Organic Chemistry II but NO lab. It seems like most dental school require that second lab. Should I plan to take Organic Chemistry II lab spring of 2020 in order to fill the prerequisites for most dental schools?

I would recommend taking the lab as it will make you competitive to more schools. Also, most students consider it an easy A.