Dental School Lab Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentllllly

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently a rising junior on pre dental track majoring in psych.
i was wondering if it would be helped to work in psych lab when applying dental school?
Since it's not science related i wonder if it is not going to help or not. Should i just look for bio or dental related lab instead?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am currently a rising junior on pre dental track majoring in psych.
i was wondering if it would be helped to work in psych lab when applying dental school?
Since it's not science related i wonder if it is not going to help or not. Should i just look for bio or dental related lab instead?
You can do research in whatever interests you. I did research on pharmacology and molecular biology. Biology or dentistry might help you understand more in terms of biological sciences but psych research will be good as well. Do what you want to do, not what you think dental schools want!

If you can get abstracts, posters, or papers published that’s even better

Reactions: 1 user
What are you doing in the psychology lab? What matters to me is what you did and why it is important.

In any academic setting like dental school, research carries some value, and there are some dental schools that are more invested in research (basic science, clinical, or community/behavioral). As pointed out, do it because you want to do it... don't try to satisfy adcoms.