Organic Chemistry Question Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All users may post questions about MCAT, DAT, OAT, or PCAT organic chemistry here. We will answer the questions as soon as we reasonably can. If you would like to know what organic topics appear on the MCAT, you should check the MCAT Student Manual (http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/studentmanual/start.htm)

Acceptable topics:
-general, MCAT-level organic
-particular MCAT-level organic problems, whether your own or from study material
-what you need to know about organic for the MCAT
-how best to approach to MCAT organic passages
-how best to study MCAT organic
-how best to tackle the MCAT biological sciences section

Unacceptable topics:
-actual MCAT questions or passages, or close paraphrasings thereof
-anything you know to be beyond the scope of the MCAT

If you really know your organic, I can use your help. If you are willing to help answer questions on this thread, please let me know. Here are the current members of the Organic Chemistry Team:

-QofQuimica (thread moderator): I have my M.S. in organic chemistry and I'm currently finishing my Ph.D., also in organic chemistry. I have several years of university organic chemistry TA teaching experience. In addition, I teach organic chemistry classes through Kaplan for their MCAT, DAT, OAT, and PCAT courses. On the MCAT, I scored 15 on BS, 43 overall.

P.S. If you shorten "organic chemistry" to "orgo," not only will I not answer your questions, but during the BS section, your test form will backside attack you with a zillion strong nucleophiles (via the SN2 mechanism, of course).

-Learfan: Learfan has his Ph.D. in organic chemistry and several years worth of industrial chemistry experience. He scored 13 on the BS section of the MCAT, and 36 overall.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh God, you are so right! I don't know how I missed that. Thank you so much.
Just to make sure then:choice B has 2 tertiary Carbons, choice C has 1, and choice D has 2. Am I correct?

Reactions: 1 user