Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Organic Chemistry

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Ezio, 09.28.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Ezio

Ezio cheese steaks 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This is probably the wrong place to post this but I just got my results for my first ever Orgo exam.

The class average was a 72, I got a 72.

Is that good, bad, could be better? I studied a little bit and felt that the information wasn't too bad. I found I made some silly mistakes but I just have to chalk it up and move on and try harder?

Advice? Drop orgo? drop the premed track?

*dead*:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Neighborr

Neighborr 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    obviously could be better. but lol @ the thought of dropping pre-med over this. it's not that big of a deal. just study harder next test and watch out for stupid mistakes.

4. Lucca

Lucca Will Walk Rope for Sandwich 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Rocket
    Scientist
    Deep breath. It's fine. You probably didn't know the content as well as you thought you did. Go to office hours next time, watch the khan academy videos (they are good), and make sure you are doing practice problem sets regularly. Ochem is all practice.

5. claduva94

claduva94 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    This. Practice Problems. Learn it. Don't memorize it.

6. Itisneverlupus

Itisneverlupus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)

Exactly right. Practice, practice, and again, practice. Want to stay pre med? Stay. A 72 in a single exam will NOT make your career. In fact, depending on your next few exam scores, there is a good chance that it won't even be very influential to your course grade in that class (assuming you have a nice number of exams to take).

7. jonnythan

jonnythan Some men play tennis, I erode the human soul 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It's not a great sign, but you have plenty of time to figure out what you're doing wrong and get better.

Zelda840 likes this.
  8. Strudel19

Strudel19 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    I agree with what was said about learning instead of memorizing. That makes a world of difference in organic.

Review the concepts that you missed on the first exam. Everything in Organic builds on itself. Study harder for the next exams and everything will be okay.

9. grivacobae

grivacobae Whatascrub 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    72 is not bad at all, considering the class average on the first exam in my class, after a 15 point curve... was a 46. You got more than enough time and exams left to recover from a well taken exam score of 72. Just study smarter, like everyone reiterates here, practice problems practice practice problem are key. And do make sure to understand the subject matter at this stage really well, like Strudel19 said, it all builds on itself.

10. z_maverica

z_maverica If You Only Knew

Pre-Medical
    It means you suck!

About the ads