DASicari

10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2007
Orange County, CA
Status
Pharmacist
I have the 2007 edition of the Kaplan PCAT bluebook. I've begun studying for the PCAT and saw only a very short, one chapter (25 pages) section of organic chemistry in the book. Is the organic section of the PCAT not very long or in-depth, or do I just have an older edition?

I'm completing my bachelors in Biochemistry in May, and so I was prepared to see an organic section with predicting products of reactions and intermediates and so forth. Is the organic chemistry section on the PCAT just an introductory overview?

diastole

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist
Kaplan does not do a good job with organic chemistry. I think it is about 35% of the exam and isn't super in depth but way more detailed than Kaplans. If you want to really know the type of questions, it is worth paying for the practice PCAT by Pearsons. It will help you learn to pace the exams as well because time is a factor on a couple of the sections.

helloeveryone

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Can you do well on the Organic chem section of the PCAT by ONLY studying Dr. Collin's in conjunction with some other materials such as Kaplans?

Last edited:

Ji the Captain

The Unbreakable
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
study Dr. Collins with conjunction to your old Organic chemistry textbooks, assuming you have taken Ochem in college, you will be fine. I study by working problems/ reviewing concepts from my old college Organic chemistry textbooks:D

OP
D

DASicari

10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2007
Orange County, CA
Status
Pharmacist
Thanks Cap'n

I've been hearing a lot about Dr. Collins and I'm going to get a copy soon. I hope its worth the money.