Orgo 2 and Physics 2 together- doable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringDoc422

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see what the consensus is on taking these two classes together with labs in one semester. 3 other regular classes .. history, exercise science, etc would be taken as well. Is this a normal schedule or would it be more reasonable to take one of these in the summer?

Members don't see this ad.

I took Anatomy 2 and Orgo 2 at the same time, both with labs. I took Orgo 1 and Physics 1 with labs the previous semester. Every semester I end up taking 2 sciences at the same time with, you'll be okay.

depends on difficulty at your school. My Orgo 1 class was a weed-out course, but in Orgo 2 everyone passed

Members don't see this ad :)
Phys 2 is much easier than Phys 1, and orgo 2 is much harder than Orgo 1, so it should balance out

Reactions: 1 user
I'm two weeks into taking Orgo 2 and Physics 2 and it isn't that bad. IMO Orgo 2 is looking to be much easier than orgo 1 since you don't have to learn all of the concepts for the first time

Reactions: 1 user
Phys 2 is much easier than Phys 1, and orgo 2 is much harder than Orgo 1, so it should balance out
I disagree on the physics part. Way easier to calculate a ball being thrown from a cliff than an electron passing through a magnetic field. At least it was for me.

Actually, I disagree on both parts. Orgo 2 was brutal at my school.

Depends on school, but I’m sure you know your limit by now. If you think it’s too much, always feel free to withdraw. Just don’t have too many W’s.

Organic II is easier than Organic I. I'd do it.

don't know if your uni is fully online but my online ochem labs were a huge joke compared to the IRL ones. We would pretty much write a 2 page report about what we would hypothetically be doing with some minor math like calculating percent yield (data was already given to us too lol). These reports would take me like 1-2 hours tops and I would do them during our zoom hourly meeting. Would def ask around

Depending on the difficultly at your school, most med-school bound students should be able to handle it. There are people who take that schedule, have families and work.

Like many have said, it depends on your school/professor. I took orgo 2, physics 2, and an upper level bio class (can't remember which one right now) at the same time, along with a history class or something like that. I definitely think it's doable - maybe not normal, like you asked - but possible.

It also wouldn't hurt to ask any upperclassmen at your school if they or anyone they know have done something similar (just to get a feel for how the course load would be at your specific college).