"Orgo for Healthcare Majors" - does it count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mypremedstory1

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello community. I'm in a bit of a bad spot. I earned a D in organic chemistry I (with lab included) at my university (A- in Orgo 2!). I've graduated and i'm looking to retake the course before sending my application in. I have two options available to me:

  • My university has a course named "Organic Chemistry for Healthcare majors". The course includes a lab component. The description says that its not intended for chemistry majors but its is given by the chemistry department.
  • A neighboring university has full blown Organic Chemistry 1 lecture open except it does not include a lab component. This university is not offering any lab courses this summer.
Which course sounds like the better option to take? I see one seems like it might be a less intense version of Orgo while the other one is missing the lab component. Am I required to retake the lab component of a course that I received less than a C- in?

I appreciate any help in sorting this out.

Thanks!
 
Thank you both for clearing that up. I'm going to register for the Orgo I session and try to squeeze in the lab component this fall.

Thanks!