Orgo. lab 2 requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nietzsche

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this has been asked and addressed before, tried the search but couldn't find anything that pinpointed the answer.

I took Orgo 1 lecture+Orgo 2 lecture as well as Orgo 1 lab {2 credit course}. A lot of medical schools have the Chemistry requirement as 16 credits which adds up w/ inorganic only having 1 Orgo. 1 lab.

So my question: Is Organic Chemistry Lab 2 a requirement even though the 16 mark goal can be hit w/ just the 2 credit lab course? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should check out the requirements at the schools you're thinking of applying to. I'm not exactly sure, as all my labs were included, but I think some had requirements like "two semesters of organic chemistry with lab", or "three years of lab science" in which case you're gonna need both labs.

But check the wording for yourself; it certainly varies.

You need to check with the schools individually, I can only speak for University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. As for those two schools, they only require 8 hours of Organic, however it adds up. I took 3 hours Org 1 lecture, 2 hours Org 1 lab, and 3 hours Org 2 lecture for a total of 8.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I better start e-mailing, thanks a ton guys.

I would look at the school's website first, then email.