1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Orgo prep

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by up40loves, Jun 21, 2008.

1. up40loves

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Can anyone recommend a prep book for MCAT Orgo? Is EK Orgo sufficient? I also have the Kaplan course book.

Thanks!

2. ThePandaFactor

2+ Year Member

I read through Loudon 4th ed. I'd say about 90% of the topics were relevant, and the ones that aren't are pretty obvious, it doesn't miss anything, and it only took about 3 days to read. Plus the problems are top notch.

3. cornpops21

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think EK Orgo is a great book. But the way it is written assumes that the reader already has a general background in organic chemistry. So if this is your first time ever looking at Organic material, I'd go with a different book that's a bit more thorough than EK.

EK also has flash cards in the back of their Orgo book. Personally I didn't use them, but you may find them helpful.